I have about $2200 AUS to spend on an amp, and iv'e developed a bad habit.. Iv'e become extremely biased towards Orange amps, namely the Rockerverb 50 combo or head with 212 cab. i haven't really tried out other amps in the same genre, which is where you guys come in... throw some suggestions my way. Also, if i decide to get the half-stack as opposed to the combo, its going to set me back about another $800, so is it really worth it?

So heres my situation.. Need a versatile amp, I'm into to classic & contemporary rock, punk emo, whatever. Although I don't really need a metal tone, i still like to f*** around with a few metal riffs every now and then, however, with a trusty EHX Metal Muff, this problem could be solved. This brings me to my next important specification, the amp needs to handle pedals, I read about pedals sucking the life out of amps.

Im in Melbourne, so I have access to pretty much any amp to try out, heaps of music stores around. And while I'm here, if anyones selling any Orange gear, let me know, I'm happy to consider 2nd hand

Thanks, K.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
^ The fact that it's one channel kills me though..
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Thats why I said try it. It will nail an excellent clean channel if you know how to use it.

Just roll your guitar volume back and it'll turn into this superb hendrix like clean. Not chimey like fenders, but nice and fat.

or you can get the 2205 which has 2 channels. Sounds pretty good in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBOzJ2Vs4PM
try fender. theyre much more transparant that brittish voiced amps like marshall and IMO they voice most pedals well. the hot rods are nice or a 65 twin reverb reissue. fender sets the standard for clean and if you dont mind getting your distortion from a pedal (love the MM btw id have one if i werent saving up for another axe) it should serve you well. my prefrence is the hot rod 4x10 very loud and very bright but with good bottom end punch. and it seems like fenders in general can play louder clean to cleanish while retaining the articulation that most amps start to lose as you push them to the volume threshold.
In liking that 65' reverb, turns out Jack White, (one of my fav guitarists) uses it. the 2205 is also interesting..
Chitarre:
Amplificatore:
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by sesstreets
Marshall = Fat
Fender = Skinny
Mesa/Boogie Recto's = Obese