Page 1 of 2
Why does everyone hate A7X? Whenever I see their name pop up, it's always in a negative context.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
I love A7x! It's one of my favorite bands
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul 100 BK
Ibanez V70-CE BK
Reno SCG-V190
Kustom HV-65
Behringer X-Vamp LX1-X
Marshall Footswitch 2-Way Channel, Reverb

Guitar for LIFE!

and skateboard
Thank you...I went to see them this year and they were amazing.

Buy why all the hating?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
prob cause they used to be heavy as hell, and now..
well they are a bit weaker, pit looks down on people who 'sell out' or whatever.
i dont mind them, although the lyrics to afterlife are lame as **** the guitars are usually cool.
For most people I hear saying negative things, they dislike the singer usually. I seen them twice and they are brilliant live. Except for when kids were trying to mosh to Seize the Day ::
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
Its because they're built up to be so AWESOME and they are just mediocre. They are okay live, the backing vocals kill me though. The guitars are sloppy live from what I've seen, as well as the tone being completely horrid. They are good studio musicians but the entire selling out thing as well as their fan's never ending claims that they are the best band ever makes them hated by most people.

I think that they are an okay band at best. I really liked Waken the Fallen and STST and some City of Evil but the new CD is just bad.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
um, wrong section.

never liked the band. especially the lead singer. the guitarist seemed like an asshole as well.

never liked a single song from them as well.

usually their fans are annoying as well. no offense, TS or A7X fans. it's an observation from the various music forums i go to.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Quote by lithium26
it's an observation from the various music forums i go to.

that just it. go to one of their concert for yourself and you'll know why they are so praised. synyster gate is a awesome guitarist. they are pretty cool guys if you ever saw their behind the stage footage. and they're solo are brilliant/
Quote by insomniac_style
i used to really like them a few years ago, the music was awesome. i dont really care for them anymore since they sound like a GNR rip off to be. and their egos have inflated exponentially

GUNS N ROSES!!!!!!!!

HOW?
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Ok
im a huge Avenged Fan so i'll take my time

First, About the Whole screaming thing
Yes M.shadows had sugery on his vocal chords But this was not the main reason for stopping with screaming. In fact, they had that planned out before Sounding the Seventh Thruphet was made

About synyster gates, All the things about him being sloppy, Yes he was in the city of Evil era i'll teel you that BUT! Synyster got better over time and is not sloppy anymore at all
Yes he sings like a Pshycho Teenager but i dont care

About the whole emo thing, A7x are not emo! just because they wear makeup does not make one Emo. also i wouldnt call the music since Walking the fallen Emo in any way.

Live performances... Well with A7x its kinda wierd but yet good
They Suck when They're supporting (rock am ring ig google it just Blergh!) but thats because if they're Supporting Metallica and shit they're not gonna have the best sound technicians because everything is Adjusted to metallica's set
But when headlining , They just rock the vocals are good the bass is hearable ( Take That metallica) The guitar has a good sound So thats about the live performances

Also they did not sell out, They dared to take on another style of music, If you like it or not thats your Opinion but i do
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Sound Mind
I love them.
People don't deal with change too well.

change is good! but only if your good at what you change into. Everyone says 'ooo they are evolving' no they're just toning down their music to make it more marketable. when has that ever been a good idea?
Quote by SquierLolz

Also they did not sell out, They dared to take on another style of music, If you like it or not thats your Opinion but i do

THANK YOU. I hate it when people think a band changing its style is selling out. Sometimes, yeah, but sometimes the band WANTS to change styles and diversify. Getting stuck in a rut is what happened in the 80s with shred. Shred just completely took over, and was used too much. yeah, i love shred, but seriously almost every band had a bit. Same with tapping. Different is GOOD!
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Sound Mind
I love them.
People don't deal with change too well.

I love bands to experiment and change (see Opeth, or Porcupine Tree), but I don't like A7X. I didn't like them when they started and I don't like them now, so no change in my opinion.

Why? First of all, the vocals; IMO, they're TERRIBLE, both lead and backing, live and in the studio.
Second, the guitars are quite sloppy live. Synyster has improved a bit now, but he's still falls short.
Third, they're acclaimed as the best rock band nowadays, and as the most original thing of the last years, when they're nowhere near those things. They're just another standard undefined rock band which relies heavily on looks over performance, and which makes nothing new.

And sure they're easy to recognize: that's because 3/4 of the songs and solos are based on the same progression, key and mode.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Jango22
Why does everyone hate A7X? Whenever I see their name pop up, it's always in a negative context.

*reported*

The Pit is the place for whining
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I like them quite a bit but live... well they disappointed me when i saw them at Leeds fest cause m shadow's voice was ****ed or so he said but he sounded fine to me so i'm thinking he was making sure he could still sing in reading the next day. so they got so lass from the crowd to sing little piece of heaven... she ruined it and they only did 4 songs in the end I think. I still like alot of there songs though.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I wasnt whining, i was genuinely curious. And seeing as how i see most of the hating in this forum, i figured it would be best to post it here and see why the people who frequent this section dont like them.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
I myself, love the new album, but can't stand the older stuff!
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I've been following Rock and Metal music for 30 years so I've seen plenty bands come and go and I like A7X.

First, let's deal with the issue of 'selling out'. Some bands do this, it is true, but plenty more bands simply evolve as musicians and of course, age also helps you to evolve your musical tastes. If your style remains the same you stagnate; if you change the sound, you sell out. You can't have it both ways. I'm reminded of the band Diamond Head. I first saw them when the original White Label album was released and they were incredible. Honestly, nothing came close to seeing them live except possibly Iron Maiden and even then I'm not sure. When they got a record deal they toned it down a lot and I remember thinking at the time they were selling out and going too commercial. The album 'Canterbury' was a step too far and like many fans I drifted away and kept wishing they'd stayed faithful to their original style. I was wrong. I was too young, too naive and too stupid to realise that they had merely pushed the boundaries a bit and it took the rest of us decades to catch up. I now listen to Canterbury and hear a phenomenal album. I still prefer the White Label era but I can at least appreciate what they were trying to do. A7X are also evolving and in their case it is certainly an improvement.

If music is to survive long-term it has to have melody and for me, that means I don't have someone shouting and screaming at me for an hour or more. STST was a terrible album. Waking The Fallen still wasn't that good but it did have potential if the singer could just try singing for a change. 'City of Evil' is one of the best Metal albums I've ever heard and I can certainly appreciate that they are trying to push themselves a little more on their self-titled album. I don't think it has the spark of 'City of Evil' but it is still very good. I hope that they never return to screaming and shouting. They're a very good band as it stands but I don't think we have the finished article yet as they are still capable of some disappointing material. The new live DVD is very good but the accompanying CD is very poor. 'Flash of the Blade'was never a great Iron Maiden song and A7X do it no favours at all! What's more, they're not alone in evolving into a more melodic style that involves singing instead of shouting. When BFMV released 'The Poison' I thought it was terrible but I really like 'Scream, Aim, Fire'

Now for the issue of them live. As I mentioned, the new live DVD is very good but it doesn't match my own experience of them live. I saw them last year in Leeds where one of the support acts was the impressive 'Black Tide'. Unfortunately there was a asecond support act who were terrible and of course two support acts limited the time A7X could spend on the stage. As a result their set was just under one hour and frankly, that's a rip off. I pay primarily to see the main act, not the bands they drag around with them. What made matters worse is that the sound was awful. We must have been about 75% of the way through their set before the sound started to become even remotely reasonable. I'd like to see them again but I won't if they have two support acts again.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I hate them because they're homophobic racist twats who treat women as objects. Read some interviews- they're twats.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I dislike their general attitude towards many things, and also I cannot take a liking to their music at all.
Quote by stephen_rettie
prob cause they used to be heavy as hell, and now..
well they are a bit weaker, pit looks down on people who 'sell out' or whatever.
i dont mind them, although the lyrics to afterlife are lame as **** the guitars are usually cool.

They were never heavy, their old stuff - which A7X fans insist is brilliant and heavy - was just really obvious metalcore, it sounded like an Offspring song on overdrive.

I'm not in the mood for getting warned or banned again for insulting A7X, but I have made some br00tal and kvlt as fvck rants about them, they're around.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I like them better after city of evil.

they are getting older: can't be a screamer band forever
At First when i first started listening to them i didnt really like em, but now they're among my favorite bands, i dont necessarly (sp?) like every song, but they have good songs from each album. IMO i think people just need to give em a chance
93% of teenagers listen to rap music,if you are part of the 7% who listen to good music, put this in your siggy
Quote by rabidguitarist
I hate them because they're homophobic racist twats who treat women as objects. Read some interviews- they're twats.

I have yet to read any interview or see any clip that justifies that. Maybe twats, because everyone has their own personal definition of how a twat acts, but homophobic and racist are just out of line.
Quote by sepultura alma
when i saw them at Leeds fest cause m shadow's voice was ****ed or so he said but he sounded fine to me so i'm thinking he was making sure he could still sing in reading the next day.

He doesn't sound like a very skilled singer if he has to stop singing during a show so he doesn't injure himself.

He sounds rather terrible. A vocalist should be able to sing without risking injury.
Quote by rabidguitarist

Have no idea if that's true or not but I'll accept it as a reason to dislike them.
Btw I've seen them twice they put on a good show.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I like them but I don't think they are as special as people might think.

1. I think they are sell outs
2. Gates doesn't have that much creative solos
3. They act like they are some kind of ground breaking band when they are not
4. to much Scene kids flock to them but I don't think A7x is an emo band BTW
Last edited by Graveworm at Oct 22, 2008,
What I don't like about Avenged Sevenfold (I refuse to use that horrid 'luk at mi I m s0 kewl' shortcut) is that their music is badly structured and arranged. The guitarists seem to have a battle of 'who can come up with the cheesiest guitar riff' on every song. They put one bad riff behind the other and what comes out are songs that change tempo and musical direction every thirty seconds. And those that don't are still cheasy and poorly written. The lyrics are especially Eww.

Anyway there's a huge Avenged Sevenfold thread in another section, you're better off discussing stuff there.
The main reason I don't like A7x is because a lot of their songs seem (to me at least) Like its been done better before, either in another A7x song or a song from a different band. They just seem overrated to me.
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
I think their new stuff is actually getting better than their old stuff. Gates is getting into writing some really good guitar lines and his solos are progressing into some pretty serious shredding.

I never have been the biggest fan of their vocals, but that is easily overlooked due to the overall awesome that is Avenged Sevenfold.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
I don't like the vocalist but I don't mind a few songs. I saw them when I saw Bullet For My Valentine and they put on a good show. I'm not a fan in the least but I can stand little bits.

My friend and I left (with much swearing between us) when they played the intro to Walk though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Good band. **** the haters, don't listen to them if you hate them.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I learned the Unholy Confession main riff yesterday.
It's great fun to play

That is a fun song to learn. I enjoy putting simple little fills or adding wah to certain parts....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 2