Hey there guys, Ive found a guy selling a Gibson Epiphone telecaster shaped guitar. Ive never seen one before, and know nothing about them. Any of you guys got any info on them? Also, how much are they worth?
Cheers,
Mick
its called an epiphone t-310. idk how much its worth. but its exactly like a telecaster
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I wouldn't buy it, that wood looks to me really fake.

Not to mention the Strat one they made was plywood.

I wouldn't buy it, just get a Squier Affinity instead. They're pretty decent.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
for a few bucks that would make a decent coffee table, but outside of that i wouldn't go for it
A "Tele-phone" anyone?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
If it's cheap, I'd buy it just for the novolty value. The Epiphone Teles and Strats are quite rare to find these days.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by HomerSGR
A "Tele-phone" anyone?

+1 lol
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by HomerSGR
A "Tele-phone" anyone?

Bravo :P
Guitars:
'72 Telecaster Custom
Dean V-coustic
Ibanez ARZ307

Pedals:

Metal Muff
Mastortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Marshall Regenerator
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR Analog Delay

Amp:
Peavey 1x12 Something..
umm no, i havent heard of gibson strats and teles... tho i've seen a fender les paul.. it was awsum
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )

I know this thread is older than Moses, but, lol, had to add my T-310 story, because it just happened today...

Oy...

I went to a small local guitar shop that I had never visited, and on the wall was a T-310 in very fair--almost poor--condition. It had a poor epoxy fix on the strap button, somewhat rusty and oxidized bridge, and looked like, in general, a POS. Non-identifiable pups, crappy strings...but it looked like a very simple project, and I have been looking for a tele on the cheap. Plugged it in and it was, ahem, muddy at best.

Because it is somewhat rare, I was willing to go to $150, hoping more for around $100. Really, it was a POS, and either figure was doing them a favor. Either way, not a terrible fixer-upper, but most people would balk at the beast. So I proceeded to ask about it. The conversation went something like this:

"How much for the T310 on the wall?"

"Huh?"

"The Epi T310."

"What's that?"

"That used Epi telecaster on the wall."

"We don't have any tele's at the moment."

"Uh huh. What about that used Epiphone right there, the cream one."

"Oh. THAT Telecaster. Is it called a T310? Huh. I didn't know what it was."

...said the shop owner...

Asking price?

$299!!! Non-negotiable, and they pretty much told me to go play hide and f*** myself when I offered them $100, so I laughed and wished them luck. Some sucker will buy it.
FWIW...

I've owned a bought-new USA Fender Telecaster since 1987. Last week, our bass player pulled out a T-310 and asked me to set it up for him. I am nothing short of blown away by the quality of this guitar in ALL areas, manufacture and sound.

I can absolutely assure you that this is a gem. The only thing I don't like is cosmetic - the cut of the head, maybe cos I'm so used to the Fender.

Regards.