I used the search bar, didn't really find anything useful.

I'm deciding what new effect to get. I can't decide between a phase 90 or a boss bf-3 flanger. I'm not a big fan of boss, but this flanger sounded really nice.

I like the sound of both of them a lot, and will purchase both eventually. But I can't decide which one to get first. Which effect in your guys opinion sounds cooler in metal leads?

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Depends on what YOU want really. I've got a Small Stone and a vintage MXR Commande series Flanger, and they can't really be compared to each other.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I love my boss flanger. I run it throung a fultone OCD overdrive with alittle reverb. Gives off an amazing sound. IMO you cant beat the BF-3 i say go for it.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I CAN'T DECIDE! i know there both good, just asking everyone's opinion on whats sounds cooler. i love the phaser for adding some color to leads, but you can get some wicked sounds with the flanger.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Try a phaser and flanger out yourself and choose what you want.

It's personal preference, so that's the only good advice you'll get.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
Try a phaser and flanger out yourself and choose what you want.

It's personal preference, so that's the only good advice you'll get.

I thought about that, it's just the nearest guitar center is an hour and 15 minutes away. I might make the trip though to try out some other stuff too. and my local shop has terrible selection and aren't too friendly as far as trying out effects and such.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by cleft11
shenanigans.

ok Farva now its on !!!!
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
I'm leaning towards the flanger, can't pass up the WHOOOOOOOOSH sound!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
id say the phaser out of those two. i dont really like the bf-3 too much, there are other flangers i would prefer. even a used bf-2 would probably be a better choice. then there are the ehx flangers, and the ibanez fl-9 which is supposed to be pretty good. id rather have any of those over the bf-3, so pick up the phaser first and try out some more flangers before you buy one.
Not a good question, it's all personal opinion. Only you know what you want.

Me? I prefer a phaser. Why? I can get phaser sounds, some decent flanger-like sounds, and with a short delay on my delay pedal, can get some decent chorus-like sounds too.

Phasers are more versatile and just sound better to me - as long as they're not overdone. Then they sound like ass.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Quote by jof1029
id say the phaser out of those two. i dont really like the bf-3 too much, there are other flangers i would prefer. even a used bf-2 would probably be a better choice. then there are the ehx flangers, and the ibanez fl-9 which is supposed to be pretty good. id rather have any of those over the bf-3, so pick up the phaser first and try out some more flangers before you buy one.

I'm just gonna go in and play a bunch of them, and see which one suits my playing style. nice find with the fl-9. looks nice.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by GoDrex
IMO flanger is more versitile

Thats what i've heard in some samples. You can get the insane flanger sound, a chorus like clean tone, phaser like stuff too. At least with the bf-3, have yet to check out the ibanez one. I like it, it's YELLOW. lol

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra