i think this is in the right place cause' its about acousic guitars and that!
however it could go in the customising bit to so yeahh, sorry if i did put it in the wrong place!

i was just wondering,, im planning on making my own acoustic guitar and i was just wondering, seen as though im planning on being different and experimenting, i was just wonderin could you make a solid body acoustic guitar and it still work and sound good?

sorry if this is a noobish question(N)

any info is greatly welcommed!
no stupid answers tho please?

Thanks!
Jamie

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
no it won't work.. the whole point of an acoustic is the "acoustics" if that makes any sense.. good luck w/ your guitar..
...it might, if you make some resonating chambers with parts where the sound can exit... then again, if you did, it wouldn't exactly be a solidbody...
Yeah it would work great, all you gotta do is throw some pickups on top of it.
My Gear:

MIM Fat Strat
Ibanez V70CE
Epiphone S-210
Danelectro '59 Factory Spec Reissue
Godin 5th Ave Kingpin

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (x2)
Crybaby 535Q Wah
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Little Big Muff
BBE "Supa-Charger" Power Supply
isn't that just a hollowbody electric guitar?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
You could make a solidbody guitar and put a piezo bridge on it. Technically, it would be a solidbody acoustic in a sense.
Quote by qotsa1998
You could make a solidbody guitar and put a piezo bridge on it. Technically, it would be a solidbody acoustic in a sense.

Technically it would be an electric guitar with a piezo pick up.

No, a solid acoustic guitar would be stupid. In fact, you might already have one. It's called an unplugged electric guitar.
In an acoustic guitar, you need the open space for the sound to resonate... This is why different shaped acoustics sound different, because they resonate differently... In order to have an acoustic guitar, you need to have a place for the sound to resonate
as long as you put a piezo pickup in it, it will be a solidbody acoustic. Just look at the Chet Atkins SST acoustic. Dave Matthews used to play one because it has the body of an electric, the sound of an acoustic, and no feedback. Godin also makes a solid body acoustic. They all have acoustic guitar bridges as well.
Buy a cheap guitar from somewhere, pull it apart and keep all the pieces, then make the same in your own design
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by qotsa1998

It's called a Variax 700 Acoustic.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by JimiVai
as long as you put a piezo pickup in it, it will be a solidbody acoustic.

Now that's just silly. Whether or not a guitar has a piezo-electric pickup in it or not is irrelevant. An acoustic guitar must function without amplification. A solid wood body along with a piezo pickup gives you a guitar that only functions while plugged in, and is thus electric. I think Steinberger put piezo pickups on a few of their disfigured electrics.

The guitars above are just thin acoustics, not solid body guitars.

A solid body acoustic will end up being a silent block of wood when you try to play it. There's no sense in building one.