Any suggestions? My acoustic sounds great but its harder to finger pick on than the odd guitar ive played down the guitar shop. Great for strumming though.

I know I will be told to try some and just buy what I like but I would like some recommendations non the less.

As for the stuff I play, loving claptons acoustic songs at the moment and play the odd classical tune. Started learning Tommy Emmanuel but its a bit advanced for me at the moment, will get there in the end though

Cheers
I'm not going to recommend a specific model, but generally smaller bodied guitars with wider nuts are more suitable for fingerpicking.

Go to a shop and play some OM's or 000's. See what you like in your price range.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Epiphone Masterbilt EF-500...it's built for fingerstyle, nice wide fingerboard and, consequently, string spacing. Sounds gorgeous, all solid wood. And less expensive (i.e. not 'cheaper') than 500 quid.
I have a Maton EBG 808 "Artist" I find fingerpicking on it is pretty much all I do. $1800 AUD > $2000 AUD ($2000 AUD is approx 800 pound). I dont seem to play anything else it sounds soooo great.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Cheers for the recommendations. Been reading a few reviews on the master built class, all of them great. I've found the EF-500R for £290 and the EF-500RA for £430 online and new.

What's the difference? From what I could tell, the only difference is the RA has a fancy decoration around the sound hole and the body of the guitar (what's the correct term for this by the way?). They both have gold hardware. I think I would happily pay the extra £140, after a pack of elixirs and set up I should still be within my £500 budget.

Apparently they have a bit of an odd neck - The neck also has more of a “V” shape than traditional guitars, which becomes more pronounced as you move up the neck. So ill have to head to a guitar shop first and try them out.
The EF-500RA has nicer aesthetics. Abalone inlays, to be specific.

I played a rosewood dreadnought Masterbilt series Epiphone last weekend. Chords weren't that amazing(still not shabby though), but the finger picking on that guitar was one of the best I've played. The neck was comfortable as well. It's a seriously good buy. If I was limited to $1000 and under, the Masterbilt would be high on my list of guitars to consider.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Yes, it is a V-shaped neck, I find it VERY comfortable. Unlike a regular neck, it gives you a hard crest on which to plant your thumb, really giving you more ability to stretch and fiddle around because of the solid grip you're given. I quite enjoy it. And yes, the RA is just fancied up. R - Rosewood, A - Abalone.
It's definitely a more comfortable V shape than my Martin. Theres only 2 things I dont like about my Martin. 1. Neck shape 2. Neck width. It just wont fingerpick well. I guess that's why I have a Seagull XD
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.