Alright so im looking for a new practice amp. I currently have the Roland Cube 30 which is a great amp but i would like something a little less muddy.

I play Death Metal therefore my only concern is for the amp to have loads of gain.

I've considered these amps so far...

Mesa Boogie Mark lll combo

Line 6 Bogner Spider 112: im not exactly sure what people have though of them, i know some people said they're a overrated...

Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 Combo

Randall RG50TC

Any information on the amps would be greatly appreciated and you could always suggest other amps.

I will not be cranking the amp loud therefore i want the amp to sound good with great distortion at low volumes also....

Thanks
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Cross the line 6 off the list, they are to "digital" sounding and lack warmth. And WAY over priced for what they do. In my opinion the Mesa would be a good choice. But another amp to look into is a used 5150. They are floating around everywhere (cept canada....I'm always shit out of luck).
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by chrisa123
Cross the line 6 off the list, they are to "digital" sounding and lack warmth. And WAY over priced for what they do. In my opinion the Mesa would be a good choice. But another amp to look into is a used 5150. They are floating around everywhere (cept canada....I'm always shit out of luck).

Look at his sig.

Out of those, the Line 6 and the XXX have less watts. That shouldn't be your main priority though. Is it going to be for low vol. practice only? Are you gonna be jamming?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i can reccommend the Krank Revolution Combo but it's going to be loud At 100W RMS.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
The XXX super 40 is dicontinued unless you can find it used, I suggest you look at the bugera series ill be getting a 6262 soon upgrading from my cube and play roughly the same stuff as you, a good investment!

EDIT: misread your looking for a practise amp i would say your set up quite well with a 6505+ and cube for practise!
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Last edited by Syn_66 at Oct 22, 2008,
Why not buy an attenuator and use the 6505?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Mark. You'll want a tube amp for that style. Either now, or you'll figure that out later when you're not happy with anything else. Boogie's give you balls that few other amps will, enough to rattle your fillings AND sound better doing it.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
I don't need it to be loud, i already have a 6505+ for my band/gigging. Its only for bedroom practice.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
maybe the randall will do better for you since its only 50 watts tube
could always try a VK 112 since its only 50 watt tube as well..if its only for practice and throw a OD in front
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by jerm__
I don't need it to be loud, i already have a 6505+ for my band/gigging. Its only for bedroom practice.

Most of these amps are probably still pretty damn loud. Way louder than a Cube 30 at least.
The Mesa gets my vote if you can still get it though (it's discontinued AFAIK).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
JSX Mini Colossal? Expensive tho.
Have you used your EQ on the cube? I imagine you could get decent sounds out of it for practice.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
go on ebay and get a used mark IV there amazing they will make u cream in ur pants
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80