Ok, so I currently have a Reissue 65 fender deluxe reverb, but its just not loud enough.
I love the sound I get from it, i run a EH Small Clone and a Vox Stachurator though it so i don't really need something with a boat load of effects, i like my distortion and chorus... dont really need much else. Other than the power issue the only complaint I have is that I like some reverb but if you run the distortion through the reverb channel it sounds awful. It's really buzzy. so basically what i want is either a combo or half stack (TUBE IS A MUST) 60+ watts with a nice clean channel... i couldn't care less about the onboard distortion distortion. I play grungey alt rock through either a Fender Mustang with a JB jr in the bridge position or a Fender Jaguar special with the full sized JB in the bridge position. My budget is <$1000. thanks for any advice you can come up with.
BRING BACK MY GRUNGE DAMMIT!
Marshall =/= loud.
/angry at marshall bandwagoners

So, do you just want a really nice clean channel, since you have the Satchurator?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
if you want cleans that arent as bassy and bold try out a twin reverb with the gain knob, marshalls are great when it comes to cleans im really split on wich ones i like better.
i think i like the fenders better, there both great sounding tough, its just to me i like the way the fenders sound.
Quote by grungeboy50886
Ok, so I currently have a Reissue 65 fender deluxe reverb, but its just not loud enough.
I love the sound I get from it, i run a EH Small Clone and a Vox Stachurator though it so i don't really need something with a boat load of effects, i like my distortion and chorus... dont really need much else. Other than the power issue the only complaint I have is that I like some reverb but if you run the distortion through the reverb channel it sounds awful. It's really buzzy. so basically what i want is either a combo or half stack (TUBE IS A MUST) 60+ watts with a nice clean channel... i couldn't care less about the onboard distortion distortion. I play grungey alt rock through either a Fender Mustang with a JB jr in the bridge position or a Fender Jaguar special with the full sized JB in the bridge position. My budget is <$1000. thanks for any advice you can come up with.
How much volume are you lacking?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
TBH, Marshalls don't really have the best cleans. Mesa Rectoverbs have amazingly nice cleans; so do some of the more expensive Orange amps.

I'd take fender cleans over Marshall cleans any day. Although, I will concede that the 80's JCM my local GC had in the used section was incredible.

Still no Fender though

EDIT: This was all at THEKID*random numbers here*

Anyways. But yeah, what MrCarrot said. How much more volume do you need? And do you just want a really nice clean channel?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The reason I ask that is because the stock DR speaker is quite inefficient, so if you like the tone you can both improve the tone and make it a whole lot louder with a new speaker. Maybe 4 or 5db louder. That's equivalent to using a much more powerful amp with the same speaker.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Basically yeah, i just want a nice clean channel. im attempting to form a new band, old one died, and it would be nice to be able to have enough power to hear myself over the drums more clearly.
BRING BACK MY GRUNGE DAMMIT!