For bands such as Cartel, Paramore, The Academy Is, Boys Like Girls, etc.?

I know most of these probably use Orange or Marshall JCMs, but is it possible to get a good light crunch tone out of a 5150 combo?

I also am using EMGs from a metal guitar so yeah...BUt i do have the tap coil feature so that could help some

any ideas what to post EQ at?

im gigging tonight for my student group and i would like to try this

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
EL34s in the poweramp.

new pickups

lead channels gain around 3-5
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Coz he's gunna be able to do that tonight

Low gain, high volume, fiddle with EQ. Keep mids in check, no higher than 6 coz it's a middy amp, 6/7 treble, 5/6 bass.

Something like that
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^ thank you.

and yes to ^^, that might help, but no way am i going to be able to do all that tonight. plus, i dont even think my amp can use EL34s, only 6L6

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
you can rebias, but what about rolling off of the gain? EVH designed the 5150 and he doesnt play death metal. try messing around with the EQ. It is more than possible to get those sounds from the amp alone
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Play around with the EQ, keep you gain at about 3-4 on the lead channel and presence at maybe 5
ohai little sig.
Quote by bjovi400
you can rebias, but what about rolling off of the gain? EVH designed the 5150 and he doesnt play death metal. try messing around with the EQ. It is more than possible to get those sounds from the amp alone

Rebias requires messing with the amp... I don't think that's what the threadstarter was looking for.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Rebias requires messing with the amp... I don't think that's what the threadstarter was looking for.

i said 'rebias' because he said

Quote by jcp42877
i dont even think my amp can use EL34s, only 6L6

i know he cant do all that tonight
Ibanez AEL 12-string

for instant gratification, you might wanna shift your treble to about 6 or 7, Mids at around 6, and Bass around 4, low preamp gain, and crank the volume. In the long run, you may wanna throw some more PAF voiced pickups in your Hellraiser. I'm after trying to get my Hellraiser sounding more like a Les Paul, and i'm leaning towards an SD Custom 5 and 59 combo for it.
Quote by bjovi400
EL34s in the poweramp.

new pickups

lead channels gain around 3-5

you shouldn't be recommending those in the 5150's, besides rebiasing, they need extra modifications like screen grid resistors and one socket rewired or you'll start burning things out.

http://www.fjamods.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by RG_FANMAN
for instant gratification, you might wanna shift your treble to about 6 or 7, Mids at around 6, and Bass around 4, low preamp gain, and crank the volume. In the long run, you may wanna throw some more PAF voiced pickups in your Hellraiser. I'm after trying to get my Hellraiser sounding more like a Les Paul, and i'm leaning towards an SD Custom 5 and 59 combo for it.

thanks!

i actually am also looking for a different type of guitar. I love my Hellraiser and really want to keep it, so I'm trying to get an Epi LP or MIM Telecaster for a more versatile tone

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables