Long story short here, I bought a guitar from a music store ok, but I financed it. A week later I returned it and everything was fine. Today I get my statement and it says -700 dollars. So what happened was I only paid the deposit, but the person refunded me the whole amount? Should I call the music store to tell them that they screwed up and gave me money? Or just use the credit elsewhere and maybe close the account? This store has been pretty garbage to me.

Say I close the account, can they call me in 2 months and say sorry we made a mistake, you owe us 700?
You scream "WHATS THE FREQUENCY KENNETH" and proceed to pummle them if they ask
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Swell mess up , ;]

Create a hiding place that could withstand a ten megatonne bomb , and then bathe in your "hard earned" cash ;]
Ok I appreciate all the creative answers. Anyone knowledgeable know if there is a deadline for them to correct themselves? Like if I spend the credit, can they contact me in the future and say we made a mistake, you owe us?
Quote by d_byrne23
Ok I appreciate all the creative answers. Anyone knowledgeable know if there is a deadline for them to correct themselves? Like if I spend the credit, can they contact me in the future and say we made a mistake, you owe us?

Call the mutha' fuckas and have a righteous ass discussion with 'em. You need to diversify yo bonds, good sir.
In principle they can claim it back but all the interest you make on it in the meanwhile is legally yours.

You could block out the little voice in you and pocket the spoils, but that revokes your rights to complain every next time you get ripped off. Because now, my friend, you have joined the dark side, the ever growing legion that is turning this world into a shithole.