well i talked to my local guitar shop and they said to spray windex on my guitar to clean it then to polish it to well, make it shine. so is the windex thing a good idea?
umm... a guitar store told you, didn't they?.. that means yes..

Now run off and play my little grasshopper...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by Dumebuggy
umm... a guitar store told you, didn't they?.. that means yes..

Now run off and play my little grasshopper...

well the store owner told me but he is drugs i think so i just wanted to make sure. so you would do it to your guitar?
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Dont see why it would hurt. Just use guitar polish though if you're worried about it.

thats what i do but he just just putting polish on it is just pushing the dirt around
uhhh try it. shoudnt hurt ur guitar. unless long term wise the chemicals might start hurting it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
is it finished? My rule is if you can see wood, windex and pledge are no-no's.
Just get some lemon oil...I have some stuff called Dr Stringfellow I think...just wipe it down really good and then polish it with that, cleans well and looks great afterwards.
I just use alcohol swabs. Cleans the guitar to the point it looks new, and sets the finish in nicely, albeit it'll begin stripping the finish vintage-style after a while of doing this, though I like that look, and that'll take a while.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Is it a window?
Is it made of glass?

If the answer to either or both those questions is "yes" then it's fine.

If the answer to either or both of them is "no" then it's a bad idea.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The first time I used Pledge on by black guitar, it started to turn purple/blue in an oily kind of way. I couldn't get rid of it but after a few hours, it went away. Now when I use Pledge, it works like heaven and looks glossy.
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
Quote by steven seagull
Is it a window?
Is it made of glass?

If the answer to either or both those questions is "yes" then it's fine.

If the answer to either or both of them is "no" then it's a bad idea.

Listen to this seagull dude right here.
I with the bird. They always run into those windows. So do it if you *Want* birds running into it thinking it really isn't there.
Guitars Owned: Yamaha F335
any ammonia based product will damage any spots of unfinished wood and might damage or fog the finished body.

pledge contains silicone which will contaminate the guitar.

they make these little bottles of guitar polish that i sware costs almost nothing, and last forever.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I wouldn't, just because there is really no reason to use windex when you could use a slightly moist rag to get the dirt off and then just wipe it off with a dry rag. That would be sufficiant enough. Why use what you don't have to when something simpler would do the same thing, besides the fact that windex contains some acids that have a possibility of being harmful to the finish.
Just buy some guitar polish, it's only about $20 a bottle and mine has lasted me 4 years so far on 3 guitars polishing once a month, wihtout being close to running out. Windex may have some agents in it that can eat away at the finish, so I recommend using something a little more sensitive that household cleaning products.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by jj1565
any ammonia based product will damage any spots of unfinished wood and might damage or fog the finished body.

pledge contains silicone which will contaminate the guitar.

they make these little bottles of guitar polish that i sware costs almost nothing, and last forever.

That's basically what I just said

+1
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
i use car polish to polish mine..
it fills in any scratches in the finish too..

reccomended to me by a music shop..
and thats what they do to make the guitars in the shoppe all nice and shiny
MD5K
IBANEZ