The insen scale (or forth mode of hirajoshi scale) is a beautiful scale with no third. I heard it first in Paul Gilbert's eudaimonia overture and learned it is a popular japanese scale.

What are some other scales, and songs that imply them, that are rather exotic and unusual that you know?

The Phrygian mode minus 2 notes.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
can you write down the intervals for me ive never heard of it
in the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 format if you dont mind and know what it is?
and anyothers you know.
and personally i love the harmonic minor scale
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
I find the harmonic minor scale interesting.
My Gear
Electrics - Ibanez RG370DX
Acoustics - Takamine EG510SC, Victoria Classic
Pedals - Ibanez WD7, Marshall ED1, Digitech DF7, Boss AC3, Marshall RG1, Digitech XDD
Amplifiers - Laney HCM15R, Roland Micro Cube
Quote by F8iscruel
can you write down the intervals for me ive never heard of it
in the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 format if you dont mind and know what it is?
and anyothers you know.
and personally i love the harmonic minor scale
Phrygian mode minus 2 notes "scale" : 1, b2, 4, 5, b7

Harmonic minor pwns all!
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I can't remember what it's called, but I heard it used on "March of the Slaves" (Can't remember the composer either, sorry =/) but it was a phrygian mode with a major 7th interval; meaning it had 3 notes chromatically in a row, but when used right it sounded awesome.
Quote by metal4all
Phrygian mode minus 2 notes "scale" : 1, b2, 4, 5, b7

Harmonic minor pwns all!

oh i meant the TS scales, unless thats what it is. i only know major. minor, harmonic, and melodic a little, and chromatic. and thats it is there a thread or lesson on UG that lsits a bunch of different scales. i can figure out stuff if i have intervals
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
oh i meant the TS scales, unless thats what it is. i only know major. minor, harmonic, and melodic a little, and chromatic. and thats it is there a thread or lesson on UG that lsits a bunch of different scales. i can figure out stuff if i have intervals
What other scale would I be listing? lol.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
What other scale would I be listing? lol.

i thought you had stated a second one following his... my bad, im not the best a cyber nuances in typing (although that smilly face should have made it easier)
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
it's basically a minor scale without the fourth and seventh degrees.
that scale sounds spooky. *ghosts flying around*
Seventh mode of harmonic minor, need I say more? Phrygian with a major third and major seventh doesn't sound bad either.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by michal23
I can't remember what it's called, but I heard it used on "March of the Slaves" (Can't remember the composer either, sorry =/) but it was a phrygian mode with a major 7th interval; meaning it had 3 notes chromatically in a row, but when used right it sounded awesome.

Byzantine scale. As oriental as it gets.
i love the whole tone and the scale where each note is 3 half steps up from the last, like E, G, Bb, Db. i think it's quadratonic.

also gotta love the half diminished (locrian #2) and the harmonic minor (aolean #7), and the octatonic.