I got my strat back from the repair guy who did a nice setup for me. The neck had gotten bowed from after years of playing with no adjustments being made. Anyway, I love the way it plays. The action is fantastic.

The only problem occurs when I bend either the B or E string up a whole note on the 14th fret. When you bend the string it completely dies out. I'm assuming that the 15th fret is too high in the middle which is causing the strings to die.

I spoke to the tech about it and he said it probably just needs a trust rod adjustment. I don't want the action changed and I don't see how that could help. Isn't this most certainly a fret issue?
If you back the truss rod off a little and get some relief in the neck, that should cure the problem. Your action won't go up that much, it's probably just that your neck was adjusted to be straight. Most guitars actually benefit with a little relief.
ranch or Italian?

im sorry, i had to do it
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by irishstang_87
If you back the truss rod off a little and get some relief in the neck, that should cure the problem. Your action won't go up that much, it's probably just that your neck was adjusted to be straight. Most guitars actually benefit with a little relief.

Well I tried backing the truss rod off a little (about an 1/8 of a turn) and that didn't help. Then I backed it off a little more and it still didn't fix it.

At that point the neck had way to much relief. I guess a fret dressing in the only choice.
Quote by shiner_man
Well I tried backing the truss rod off a little (about an 1/8 of a turn) and that didn't help. Then I backed it off a little more and it still didn't fix it.

At that point the neck had way to much relief. I guess a fret dressing in the only choice.

I don't recommend you tighten it yourself, but it might be a case of too much relief. Why not take it to a tech and just ask him his opinion on what you should do? They shouldn't charge you for that, or at least my local tech wouldn't.
When you screw with your truss rod, never turn it more then a quarter turn and then wait a day or so before screwing with it again. It wont adjust itself initially.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
When you screw with your truss rod, never turn it more then a quarter turn and then wait a day or so before screwing with it again. It wont adjust itself initially.

Yeah, I waited. I'm just going to take it to a tech to see what they have to say. I'm fairly certain it needs a fret dressing.
just slightly raise the e and b at the saddle? till they sound it probably wont need that much of an adjustment
Quote by johntb
just slightly raise the e and b at the saddle? till they sound it probably wont need that much of an adjustment

I guess that's an option. I hate thinking that I have to raise the action to fix this problem.