Got a Custom Shop Clapton Strat, it came with a very low action and buzzed too much so I have raised it to 4/64" as I like it, also adjusted the intonation to compensate for that and also the truss rod a little, but I just cannot eliminate string buzz unless I set the action really high, I've tried adjusting everything (not overdoing it of course) but to no avail, I just can't eliminate the string buzz below anywhere between the 12th and 21st frets, unless of course I set the action really high, which just will not do for a £1500 guitar, I've followed everything to the T as it should but nothing will come together.

It's such a lovely guitar and is in most ways the best I've heard from a guitar, it's so good apart from this and one of the screws which had a slightly threaded top...

...help!
Is the neck straight? Have you sighted the neck to see if it maybe has a rising tongue. Also, you got to remember, metal strings on metal frets are gonna buzz somewhat, if you can't hear it through the amp then it shouldn't be an issue.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Is the neck straight? Have you sighted the neck to see if it maybe has a rising tongue. Also, you got to remember, metal strings on metal frets are gonna buzz somewhat, if you can't hear it through the amp then it shouldn't be an issue.

I've sighted the neck (held the 1st and 22nd fret and checked the height at the 12th and it is at a good height). I've done everything I can think of to balance things out but as you know from my last thread I'm not 100% clear on all things on the technical side of guitars, just love playing 'em, I think I should just take it down to my local guitar shop and get them to sort it out or recommend someone nearby that does it if they don't...

give google a shot, I found a great tech not far from my house that way. I wouldn't trust a shop like GC for much more than stringing my guitar up, some shops do have decent techs.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Eight_Ball
Got a Custom Shop Clapton Strat, it came with a very low action and buzzed too much so I have raised it to 4/64" as I like it, also adjusted the intonation to compensate for that and also the truss rod a little, but I just cannot eliminate string buzz unless I set the action really high, I've tried adjusting everything (not overdoing it of course) but to no avail, I just can't eliminate the string buzz below anywhere between the 12th and 21st frets, unless of course I set the action really high, which just will not do for a £1500 guitar, I've followed everything to the T as it should but nothing will come together.

It's such a lovely guitar and is in most ways the best I've heard from a guitar, it's so good apart from this and one of the screws which had a slightly threaded top...

...help!

Could be the neck angle, truss rod needing more adjustment, string tension issue (what string gauges and tuning are you in?) or raised frets.