Yeah, as the genre title says...it's basically standard me with doom metal thrown in. I decided to take a different direction with my main band and I'm going to be writing stuff similar to Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnis, and Swallow the Sun for a bit.

Alright, the new thing here is I added a vocal melody. Each of my markers at the verses/choruses points out the style of vocals used on those bits. Written for 7 string standard. 9 minutes long, two clean breaks, two solos, and one awesome outro riff (I think).

Enjoy.
Attachments:
doom.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
thanks for the crit

Ok, I liked the intro alot, very ominous and doom-y. Liked when the harmony came in too. The first verse was really epic, and I liked the way the vocals sounded with the guitar riff. 2nd verse was pretty much the same. Nice how you brought the intro riff in again for the chorus. Skipping ahead to the instrumental break, that first riff you had there I really liked, kind of a return to the ominous feel that you had in the intro. The clean section with the slow solo seemed a bit unnecessary to me, it kind of broke the mood of the song. Clean isn't bad, just maybe make it more gloomy or foreboding to fit with the rest of the piece. After that the song came back with the whole epic/doom thing which was good. Nice solo over the "heavy verse" riff. The second clean section was fine, and I liked how it led into the distorted part after. The final riff (the one that faded out) sounded good, but a bit off in the last 2 measures. Maybe try changing the chord progression slightly?
As for the individual instruments, the bass seemed to follow the guitar for the most part which is fine, but I would have liked to hear some harmonies or perhaps counterpoints. The drums were pretty repetitive and they seemed to function more as a metronome than anything else, so maybe change those up a bit. Guitar solos=good, could have also had a drum or bass fill at some point to give the guitars a break. Would be good to hear with actual recorded vocals, especially the parts with growls. So, overall good song, better if you altered that first clean break a bit. 8-9/10.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yeah, as the genre title says...it's basically standard me with doom metal thrown in. I decided to take a different direction with my main band and I'm going to be writing stuff similar to Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnis, and Swallow the Sun for a bit.

Alright, the new thing here is I added a vocal melody. Each of my markers at the verses/choruses points out the style of vocals used on those bits. Written for 7 string standard. 9 minutes long, two clean breaks, two solos, and one awesome outro riff (I think).

Enjoy.

Slay's song is awesome because of me

but seriously, great work, i loved the eerie feel, and i felt that the clean part worked great as a contrast (much like StS would do...) and i really liked the solos
Thank ye.

I did kind of borrow from StS didn't I ? Though, to be honest, the song I'm working on is a Viva EmptinessKatatonia/StS hybrid thingy.

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Cool song man. Although I don't really think adding the vocal line contributed much, and it was hard to hear besides. You also might want to think adding another panned rhythm section, as when one went to do the leads/solos/whatever it left a very empty feeling in it's place. I wasn't particularly keen on the solos but the rhythm work was solid stuff.

*points you in direction of Agalloch thread*