I have had this guitar for about 2 years now. Its not the best guitar, but it is sentimental to me. It has some problems, and if you guys could take the time to help me out with this, if you have had to deal with this yourself, please do.

Alright, first of all, my e string (on a EADGBe tuning) has botched bends on every other fret past the twelth fret, and its only on the e. I have a 22 fret guitar. Anything I can do to fix this? I think it may be the machine heads.

And second of all, I think my pickups are dying, but I'm not sure. I can replace them, but I just need to know if that is the problem. When I flip it to the neck pickup, it loses all the gain that it had, and it sounds like a botched clean sound, and if I lower the tone or any other setting on the guitar, it just kills the sound. Is it dead?

Thanks guys.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
check ALL of the wiring in the guitar, including grounds. i doubt its the pups

a tuner change might be a good idea, if that doesnt fix the bends, idk what will
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
check ALL of the wiring in the guitar, including grounds. i doubt its the pups

a tuner change might be a good idea, if that doesnt fix the bends, idk what will

Ok, so replace the heads. Now, if I find that the wiring is going bad, you suggest replacing it?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did your friends leave the room to go to the bathroom excessively? If so, they were masturbating.

Quote by JewMasatFlex
if that is why you are playing guitar, then stop. play guitar because you like music, not because you want some pussy
Bump.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex
yes replace the wiring if its bad

also, s*** happens very slowly in GB+C compared to other forums. dont bump after three minutes, or even a couple of hours.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
*reported* Generic title. Sorry dude! Stupid rule...

And to help you, yeah redo all the wiring, and then see if your pickups are bad. There is no point in shelling out a lot of cash for pickups with what might be a $15 fix of wires and pots.

And don't bump so soon. If you want answers that fast, go find a GB&C Chat Room.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Thanks guys. I don't use the UG Forums often. I appreciate the help, I already planned on doing some heavy modding on my guitar, including trading out the pickups and the heads, but I needed to know what the problems were to see if I was fixing it with the modifications or if I needed to do more than just that. I will check the wiring then I will go from there. Thanks guys.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by JewMasatFlex