Okay so I posted a couple other times about switching strings but this is just to clarify my issue and get a few more opinions before i start changing stuff.

So I've been trying to alternate pick more and more but I'm running into a problem. My strings are rather floppy when they're getting hit back and forth in the different directions. I know part of it is my technique but the strings really are causing as much, if not more trouble because they're actually fairly loose (I can bend my g string up about as far as my low e is without much difficulty).

I sort of like being able to do those extreme bends but I'm WAY more concerned about being able to alternate pick and tremolo pick without the strings going all over the place. I'm using .010's's so it's not like they're dental floss but I was wondering if it'd be better to switch to .011's or to heavy bottom strings as opposed to what i have now.

I also use a 1m pick. Would it be better to change to a lighter gauge to make it so its not hitting up against strings or what.

I know this is kind of tough to answer without seeing the problem first person but any help would be great.

Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'd try a thinner pick first, then thicker strings. Also try using just the absolute tip of your pick.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Going from 10's to 11's would probably help. Also try some different picks, you may want a thinner pick around .8 or .73.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What about switching to a smaller pick? Right now i use the tortex ones so It's kind of big and there's a lot of tip hitting the string, That's probably not helping
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Don't pick as aggressively. It'll be easier to keep it under control if you just use the very tip of the pick. A thick, rigid pick is my preferred tool for tremolo picking and galloping and the likes. A thinner one would just flop around and make your issue way worse. I can't tremolo pick worth a damn with a thin, floppy pick.

I can bend the G on my 10 sets all the way to the low E too. That's no problem. Just don't dig in as hard and the string won't be as lively. And for fast picking you're not gonna need to pick as hard anyways. A light touch might even tighten up your sound because the strings aren't booming away at full force, drowning each other's notes out.
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I'll check em out, thanks guys
Into:
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab