i need a recommendation for a small to medium sized amp that i can plug a mic into
its gotta be really cheap and doesn't have to sound good at all just has to work and
has to be loud enough to play a small gig too
thanks in advance
-steve
We had a guy audition with a telecaster and a 5-watt $150 Epiphone Valve Junior that sounded incredible. It was loud enough that our veteran guitar player with a 120 watt tube amp and 4x12 half stack was telling him to turn it down, and I was playing bass on 5 18's powered by about 4,000 watts. That amp is a class A, which sound better than other typical configurations. It had a nice wet and colorful sound, one of the few electric amps I've heard that I really like for sure.
Quote by corndogggy
We had a guy audition with a telecaster and a 5-watt $150 Epiphone Valve Junior that sounded incredible. It was loud enough that our veteran guitar player with a 120 watt tube amp and 4x12 half stack was telling him to turn it down, and I was playing bass on 5 18's powered by about 4,000 watts. That amp is a class A, which sound better than other typical configurations. It had a nice wet and colorful sound, one of the few electric amps I've heard that I really like for sure.

That's heavily based on preference. It has more harmonics and is suitable for blues and mild overdrive.

I prefer A/B. One isn't necessarily better than the other.
are you using it for mic and guitar or just mic?

and what's your budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Dunno what to suggest, but I do strongly support the notion that a 5 watt amp into a Mic can sound absolutely amazing, I've seen it done all the time.
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120