price range around 500 euro

dat about 600 dollars

My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Marshall Bluesbreaker Pedal (BB-2)
depends if you want a combo or half stack?

and what wattage you want?

Randall RG-50 TC is about £349 but might not be powerful enough for you

I mean... bugera 6262 is a stupid suggestion... cause you will only be able to afford the head... and thats lame without the cab lol

EDIT: Sorry... i thought you meant the half stack one... i guess the combo is cool lol

I dont know about lamb of god... but you can get a fender FM100 head for about £150 and then get a cab for it... that would be in your price region... and just get a decent overdrive pedal...
Gear:

Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Fender Telecaster USA
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sheraton
Jackson KE3 Kelly Pro
Boss Super Chorus
Boss Super Overdrive
MXR Carbon Copy
Morley Pro Series Wah/Volume/Distortion
t.bone wireless system.
Last edited by tilinmyowngrave at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by Yngwi3
Used 5150 combo.

/Thread.

I thought a 5150 + would suit metalcore more but that used would be 700-800 USDish. So its either way at this point.
Quote by tilinmyowngrave
depends if you want a combo or half stack?

and what wattage you want?

Randall RG-50 TC is about £349 but might not be powerful enough for you

I mean... bugera 6262 is a stupid suggestion... cause you will only be able to afford the head... and thats lame without the cab lol

EDIT: Sorry... i thought you meant the half stack one... i guess the combo is cool lol

I dont know about lamb of god... but you can get a fender FM100 head for about £150 and then get a cab for it... that would be in your price region... and just get a decent overdrive pedal...

fm head does seem metal tho
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2

Quote by gnr2206
fm head does seem metal tho

it's a fender, just because somethings black doesn't mean its metal

TS: get either a used 6505(or +), a used 5150(or II), or a bugera 6260(or 6262)
those are all either the same amp, or a damn close copy of that amp
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I thought a 5150 + would suit metalcore more
...Why...?
Quote by ShredGod George
it's a fender, just because somethings black doesn't mean its metal

And just because it's a Fender, doesn't mean it can't do metal.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
...Why...?

1. those are the best amps for this kind of metal
2. actually, it kind of does

and to guy above me, the fact that no one sells them would put the emphasis on USED
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Yngwi3
...Why...?

Because as Metalcore is not as dependant on high gain as other genres that the 6505 suits.
Hence the 6505 II or 5150+ are a better choise because although the distortion might have slightly less gain it has an improvment on cleans and control over your overall tone.
Which metalcore is also very clean oriented in particular times.
B-52 AT series amps. Best choice in the price range hands down. I would know I own one.

I played a 5150 and I honestly can't see why people suggest it for hardcore. Didn't like the tone at all. I haven't played a 6505 or 5150+ yet though, but those are out of your price range.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
A Peavey Ultra or Triple XXX is going to be the closest you will get to a mesa on that budget.

LOG uses mesa's so +1.

And Lamb of God really isn't metalcore. It's groove metal. Really a different sound than most metalcore bands. There sound is similar to devildriver or hatebreed.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by Necrophagist777
LOG uses mesa's so +1.

And Lamb of God really isn't metalcore. It's groove metal. Really a different tone than most metalcore bands. There tone is similar to devildriver or hatebreed.

Personally, I don't think LoG and DD have a similar tone at all, but maybe that's just the tuning messing with my ears. I think LoG has an amazing tone, and I was getting a pretty good copy of it with my 333XL. It's all opinions anyways, but I just find Hatebreed, Devildriver, and Lamb Of God to have vastly dfferent tones.
Quote by suffersystem
Personally, I don't think LoG and DD have a similar tone at all, but maybe that's just the tuning messing with my ears. I think LoG has an amazing tone, and I was getting a pretty good copy of it with my 333XL. It's all opinions anyways, but I just find Hatebreed, Devildriver, and Lamb Of God to have vastly dfferent tones.

I'm sorry i shouldn't have said tone, i really meant more style. I just don't want people comparing lamb of god to trivium or something like that, because there totally different.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm sorry i shouldn't have said tone, i really meant more style. I just don't want people comparing lamb of god to trivium or something like that, because there totally different.

I am actually in the process of comparing LoG and DD right now, and they do have some similar stuff going on, but I think DD's drop B and LoG's drop D really play into their tone alot as well. I wish I could get that clear a tone in drop B that DD does, I think they have a great tone, as does Slipknot's new album. I like the way they get their guitars to sound pretty clear while still being pretty low. Myself, I am a huge LoG guitar fan. Mark and Willie are some amazing players, so they're good guys to look up to, even though alot of their songs have a similar style/vibe.
Quote by suffersystem
I am actually in the process of comparing LoG and DD right now, and they do have some similar stuff going on, but I think DD's drop B and LoG's drop D really play into their tone alot as well. I wish I could get that clear a tone in drop B that DD does, I think they have a great tone, as does Slipknot's new album. I like the way they get their guitars to sound pretty clear while still being pretty low. Myself, I am a huge LoG guitar fan. Mark and Willie are some amazing players, so they're good guys to look up to, even though alot of their songs have a similar style/vibe.

If you wanna hear great drop tuned guitar tone, listen to arch enemy. Michael amott has one of the best guitar sounds of anyone, regardless of tuning.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last I checked log uses a double input system into two mesa boogie dual rectos. One with a V shaped eq and another with a normal bass and treble but an extremely boosted mid.
I can't stand Lamb of God's music and I know Mark and Willie use Mesa Mark IV's into Framus and Mesa Cabs respectively.It's just well known. And to the guy who keeps recommending a Fender Frontman, they are craptacualr and basically, I think you are being a jerk by giving this TS second-rate advice, telling him to blow his savings on a crappy amplifier when he could have something a lot better because "it's a Fender". Bloody moron!

Anyway, for you TS, you'll want something high gain and relatively clean and cutting in its distortion sound. I agree with the recommendation of a used 5150 combo, but A Bugera combo could also be a good option for you too. I don't think you will be able to afford a used Mark IV but if you save a little more, that would be a good choice also.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
mark 4's are like 1000 even second hand

i saw a mesa f 50

only 750 but i had no money and dat is a savage head but i dont think it would do the metal im looking for. im looking for tone like lamb of god. i dunno hov to describe it but "held together" kinda would be the only way i can describe it lol
My Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX

Cort VX 2V

Marshall JTM 60

Boss MT-2