Ok I'm going over theorems and such and I have just about the dumbest assignment I've ever heard(it could just be me tho). I have to prove that a triangle has two right angles even though that isn't possible. As far as I know all angles in a triangle are 60 degrees so you could only have one right angle right? How can I prove something like that??? So it would be like a maximum of one right angle and a minimum of zero, I think.
all angles in a triangle are 60 degrees? i think you might be thinking of equilateral triangles.

there should be no way to do that proof. I've seen proofs where you get things like 1=0 and you're like "buh?" but usually that means you've made a false assumption or havent taken into account an absolute value or anything.

so I wish you a fun night with that assignment.
too much triangle in your sentence i cant understand
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
Quote by leftylikejimi
Ok I'm going over theorems and such and I have just about the dumbest assignment I've ever heard(it could just be me tho). I have to prove that a triangle has two right angles even though that isn't possible. As far as I know all angles in a triangle are 60 degrees so you could only have one right angle right? How can I prove something like that??? So it would be like a maximum of one right angle and a minimum of zero, I think.

How about you write "It's impossible. Prove me wrong" on your paper.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Yes but of course it doesn't specify what kind of triangle it is or how many degrees each side is.
The angles have to add up to 180, you can't say all the angles have to be 60, or all triangles would be equilateral, a falsity, but you are correct in saying a triangle can't possibly have more than one right angle....
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by gonzaw

/thread

wow. thats really clever! but I wonder if that constitues a triangle? since it's more of a curved surface.
Quote by gonzaw
*pic*

/thread

then it's one big triangle comprised of two little triangles so one has one of the right angles while the other has the other one, could that be it?

That sounds about right. It's when two right triangles form an even larger triangle.

If it's one triangle alone, then no, it isn't possible. The angles of a triangle add to 180 degrees.
1: You say it's the dumbest assignment ever, but you ask us for help.

2: It's not possible, as long as it's in a 2d environement.
well if you draw an equilateral triangle, then draw a line down the middle, then you'll have 2 two right angles. but then again that would be considered splitting the triangle into 2 Right Triangles so it probably wouldn't count. other than that it's impossible.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Well I would assume I'm not the only person that has had to deal with this sort of baloney
and yes I know it's not possible that is my whole point.
Quote by Freddedonna
1: You say it's the dumbest assignment ever, but you ask us for help.

2: It's not possible, as long as it's in a 2d environement.

I think you mean euclidean environment.
Quote by allfallsdown
wow. thats really clever! but I wonder if that constitues a triangle? since it's more of a curved surface.

I agree.

leftylikejimi - Triangle Sum Theorem says the 3 angles of a triangle have to equal 180 degrees, if 2 angles are 90 degrees then it is already 180 plus the last angle measure. Impossible is the only answer.

Edit - Oh lawd SomebodySomeone you are correct
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
yeah I'm just going to write impossible on my paper and if he(teacher) doesn't like it I will punch him in the nose and walk right out of class.
Quote by al112987
I think you mean euclidean environment.

Well sorry I'm french and didn't have my math classes in english... You understood anyway
tell the teacher youre not gonna do it because geometry is fu**ing stupid. i just happened to be stuck in the last geometry course in my school, it is going to be eliminated from the curriculum next year, what a waste of my time...
IM A LEFTY!

-Schecter C-1 classic
-Fender standard strat
-Peavey Vypyr 75w
-Sanpera II
-Yamaha FG720SL acoustic
maybe possible in a different geometry, such as hyperbolic (and such as the spherical geometry as on earth pointed out earlier) but not in euclidean geometry (standard) (as far as i know)
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
tell the teacher youre not gonna do it because geometry is fu**ing stupid. i just happened to be stuck in the last geometry course in my school, it is going to be eliminated from the curriculum next year, what a waste of my time...

Georgia is eliminating Geometry in the curriculum? How dumb is that state? (better, how dumb is your school?)
Weekend Warrior
Fail.
Well, in all fairness, your teacher fails for not clearing this up. By saying that the angle has '2 right angles' they just mean 'prove that all the angles in a triangle add up to 180 degrees'.
Unless you're doing more non-Euclidean geometry, in which case just take a sphere and draw 2 perpendicular lines on the top then join them after a while.
Quote by ML_Guitar09
Georgia is eliminating Geometry in the curriculum? How dumb is that state? (better, how dumb is your school?)

idk if its state wide but its definately gone in my county. so is physical science. i had to take that last year and now im stuck in a biology class with a bunch of freshmen who never had to take physical science. wtf
IM A LEFTY!

-Schecter C-1 classic
-Fender standard strat
-Peavey Vypyr 75w
-Sanpera II
-Yamaha FG720SL acoustic
Quote by 40oz2freeedom

I hope Georgians enjoy sucking in quantitative science for the rest of their lives.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
idk if its state wide but its definately gone in my county. so is physical science. i had to take that last year and now im stuck in a biology class with a bunch of freshmen who never had to take physical science. wtf

Physical Science and Geometry off the syllabus?
I'm actually speechless.
this thread made me lol.

keep it up.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.