Yamaha BB300 -bass

Peavey TKO80 -amp

ZOOM B1X -pedal

My friend is selling this stuff for 250-300 USD. This is what he said about the amp:

The amp is in far from perfect condition. It works though. It just doesn't have the greatest sound, the EQ doesn't work well, and the High Gain Input jack doesn't work.

Everything else works fine. So how about it? Worth the money? I've been growing less interested in guitar because I love the low, deep sounds of bass so I thought why not? Then he is willing to sell it for 300$ to me right now, or 250$ if the other guy doesn't. So worth the 300$ or wait to see if the other guy fails to pay, or just avoid at all costs?

This is the first time I've ever been here so sorry if this is a dumb question.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Sounds like a good deal to me, but you might want to save a little more $$$ and invest in something NEW...
Quote by Insanitydenied
I try to be the quiet musician type, but there's too much to say.

OF THE BASS MILITIA - PM Nutter_101 to join

FUCK PARAMORE.

HOT LESBIANS

Centered, Bitch.

Yes, I'm only 14. So?
Quote by NHBassist12
Sounds like a good deal to me, but you might want to save a little more $$$ and invest in something NEW...

His bass is like new. Perfect condition, and MIJ. I don't really want to spend a lot more, and this seems the best.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Quote by Trabo
for 250-300$ you can get a brand new squier vintage modified bass which is MUCH nicer quality and doesnt cost any extra money. Thats my recommendation

From other threads I've read this particlar bass is very nice. And then I wouldn't get an amp. And I wouldn't get to mess around with it first. You sure?

Yamaha makes some very nice gear, I've always been impressed with thier stuff. I would try to get the bass. Maybe the zoom if your really interested in it. Get another amp elsewhere.
Yamaha BB's are excelent basses normally.
I don't know about the BB300 in particular, but odds are it will be good as well.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
after 2 minutes of research on e-bay i have determined that the bass is worth about
$100 - $150 tops!! the amp, maybe $50 - $75 tops. i'd offer $150 to $175 but, i would not pay more than $200 for all of it. thats my 2 cents, keep the change.

EDIT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-BB300-BB-300-ELECTRIC-BASS-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ300268145793QQihZ020QQcategoryZ124221QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Bass-Amp-TKO-80-Sounds-Great-Budget-Amp-NR_W0QQitemZ220298676772QQihZ012QQcategoryZ64397QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
after 2 minutes of research on e-bay i have determined that the bass is worth about
$100 - $150 tops!! the amp, maybe $50 - $75 tops. i'd offer $150 to $175 but, i would not pay more than $200 for all of it. thats my 2 cents, keep the change.

Everywhere I've looked is 300+

And If I get the bass I get the amp basically for free. Its that for all 3 so I don't really see how it is a BAD deal. I'm definately gonna play t a lil bit before hand, but I think I have to get the amp as well.

You can get a brand new Ibanez for $169. I just bought my gf one for sweetest day and it sounds great. It is a GSR100ex, After I played it a while I wondered why the hell I spent so much money on a Fender. Most starter basses pickups are noisy and low output, but this thing sounds awesome for the $$$. I would recommend it to anyone.
Quote by Pinky19
Everywhere I've looked is 300+

And If I get the bass I get the amp basically for free. Its that for all 3 so I don't really see how it is a BAD deal. I'm definately gonna play t a lil bit before hand, but I think I have to get the amp as well.

i didn't say it was a BAD deal, just not a good deal. lol
check my edit in above post. good luck!
If it isn't anything that amazing I might just pick up a 5150 from a local person.

Quote by Pinky19
From other threads I've read this particlar bass is very nice. And then I wouldn't get an amp. And I wouldn't get to mess around with it first. You sure?

The amp shouldnt cost anymore then 40$ really if your looking in the 10-25watt range. I would be more considered about getting an intermediate bass, and buying a cheaper amp.

However, i think once you get more into the bass, i would recommend upgrading your amp to a bigger and better size before you bass because simply put the amp is much more important at that point in time.

So if your a beginner then bass > amp , if your intermediate-pro then amp > bass