What are the best gauge/brand of strings for something tuned in C# standard? I've been using .09 Ernie Balls because my guitar teacher recommended them but they're not the best when it comes to lower tuned stuff. Thanks in advance.
"What are those wooden things? Chairs?"
"No, they are acoustic instruments."
"Acoustic? What's that? Oh you mean a grampa's guitar?"
"A grampa's guitar? That's for pussies and grampas. I think you know it."

-Metalocalypse
I use 11-50 Medium Ghs Boomers. Best strings I've ever used. Great for standard, great for low tunings
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
drop C#? that isn't low at all... you can use .09s or .10s. it's just drop D and a half a step down...
He said C# Standard. Different from drop C#. Anyways, someone's been playing some BTBAM, amirite?
And I would go with GHS 11's
Quote by mdawg24
He said C# Standard. Different from drop C#. Anyways, someone's been playing some BTBAM, amirite?

oh, i did not see that "standard part... it still aint that low...
i use EB 12 - 56s on a 24.75 in scale Schecter for C# and Drop B, and the tensions comparable to a 10 - 52 in standard on the same guitar. You may want to try 11 - 54s if you have been using 9s though.
I would use something fairly heavy. I use 10-52 Elixirs for Standard and Drop D and just recently have been playing one song in my band that is in C# standard, for which my strings are insufficient for (and Elixirs don't make anything higher than 11-52, which is piss weak). So I would say probably 11's or 12's.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by boardsofcanada
my vote is for 11's for a compromise, 12's+ if you plan to stay low

^This.

I normally use Ernie Ball Power Slinkies (.011's) which allows me to play anything from C# standard to E standard very comfortably. I recently switched to some Dean Markley JZ's (.012's) since I'm pretty much exclusively playing in B standard for the time being and so far they work great. I would definitely NOT take these puppies to anything higher than C# standard though lest they inevitably snap and put out an eye.
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Oct 23, 2008,
get some .10s or .11 your just playing in C# or also known as Db which is only 1 1/2 steps down.
11 - 56 for all tunings lower than C IMHO
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
my guitars floyd rose is set up for c# standard and i use DR .012's
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by mdawg24

Black Sabbath tuned to C# first.

I agree with the 11's though. I use them for every tuning. Including drop b.
i play in that and i use 10-52 to me they have the perfect tension for me, lose enough to be comfortable, but tight enough to play fast or control what im doing
Last edited by Guitargod12345 at Oct 28, 2008,