I'm looking to buy a small amp for practicing within my room. Right now I have a Mesa Boogie F-30 which is COMPLETE overkill. I've been looking at the JSX Mini Colossal. I've had the Roland Cube in the back of my head as well. Can anyone recommend a nice little amp for me to use? I love playing Satriani, Vai, Petrucci, etc. Thanks!
what do u want tube or ss. if u just want a small practice amp try the peavey vypers
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
the JSX is awesome, its also 5 times the price of the cube last time i checked
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
FYI, the cost doesn't matter to me. Springing the extra cash for the JSX is fine by me. Just out of curiosity, why are most people choosing the Roland?
They are good sounding SS modelling amps for a pretty cheap price. They do great for practicing, especially the microcube.
^^^^ true to the bone. The cube series is quite nice.

Personally I'd get a crate v series to your size preference and get a good od/distortion pedal.
I use a Fender Champ 600, which is 5 watts. Very nice amp.

It's a tube amp, costs about $200 USD.
Saint Louis Blues
if you're looking for tube tone. the peavey windsor studio is a twenty watt tube amp that has a built in attenuator so you can get the driven tube sound and still be quiet enough for home use.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Highwaytohell
Mesa F30 is overkill?
Geez, talk about volume constraints.

Might I reccomend an annueator?

Great idea, I get awesome results with mine. I'm surprised you can't get a good sound out of it at low volumes, it sounds pretty good even with the master down low.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Highwaytohell
Mesa F30 is overkill?
Geez, talk about volume constraints.

Might I reccomend an annueator?

this

or the cube, the micro. They're cool because of the battery you can go jam outside or somthing and they sound pretty good.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120