Page 1 of 5
If I had a dime for everytime I heard a teacher or adult in some superior position than myself "cigarettes don't make you look cool" I'd be rich... hell we all would be. But is that true? Do they really not make you look cool? Well of course its not true... I mean honestly if you were 14 or 15 (well most people here are but thats beside the point) and saw a video of Miles Davis playing some amazing jazz tune, then finishing his solo, then going off to the side to smoke a cig, and the camera kept him in view peripherally while John Coltraine was being filmed from the stage (which I have seen) would you not think smoking was the coolest thing in the world? Everytime you see pictures or videos of your favorite artists smoking ciggaretes does it not urge you that much more to smoke? Fuck teachers wouldn't make such a big deal about it being cool if it wasn't. All I'm saying is that the nictotine naysayers need to stop using the whole "its not cool" thing to turn people off. It is cool, as exemplified by this awesome picture of Dexter Gordon:

I'm not saying its good for you, but smoking damn sure makes you look cool.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
I'm sorry you're such a tool thinking of smoking cigarettes because some musicians do it in pictures

Smoke pot instead. It's much healthier.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████

Oh **** yea.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
cigarettes are cool! and they make you talk like lemmy from motorhead
Quote by Guitarlord44
hotpocketbandit, dude you are the ****ING MAN!!!!

Quote by Zolom
GIVE THIS PERSON A ****ING MEDAL!
Wait, was it in a Bruce Dickinson voice? If so...Medal. If not...congratulatory ham.
They also give you Cancer. That isn't cool. You might look cool to people who don't appreciate this simple fact.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Oh **** yea.

Obviously the exception to the rule.
<Han> I love Hitler
Whenever I see someone smoking a cigarette, my opinion of them goes down. Yeah, I think they're really cool...

EDIT: Is that a man or a woman...?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Kensai
I'm sorry you're such a tool thinking of smoking cigarettes because some musicians do it in pictures

Smoke pot instead. It's much healthier.

seconded
Pot wins again. I love it.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Please, putting ANY kind of smoke in your lungs isn't healthy... tobacco or weed, it doesn't matter. Dumb argument. And this thread is not saying which is better, weed wasn't even mentioned in my original post. I realize the majority of this board is in high school and therefore has only been smoking a relatively short time so the whole "its so cool thing" is still in effect, but that wears off after a couple of years or once it becomes a daily routine.
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by LordBishek
They also give you Cancer. That isn't cool. You might look cool to people who don't appreciate this simple fact.

Well said.
signature
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Whenever I see someone smoking a cigarette, my opinion of them goes down. Yeah, I think they're really cool...

yes cause smoking immediately makes them less of a person
smoking cigs is gay but smoking pot IS cool lol. unless youre one of those faggots who got coerced into trying it then you go around telling everybody about it and act like a stoner even though everybody knows you arent.

my school= full of em.

ex. *two douches walking down the hall*

"dude i got sooooo high last weekend it was killer mannn"
"i know me too man i drank like 20.000 beers too omg man"
IM A LEFTY!

-Schecter C-1 classic
-Fender standard strat
-Peavey Vypyr 75w
-Sanpera II
-Yamaha FG720SL acoustic
Quote by trey-col89
Please, putting ANY kind of smoke in your lungs isn't healthy... tobacco or weed, it doesn't matter. Dumb argument. And this thread is not saying which is better, weed wasn't even mentioned in my original post. I realize the majority of this board is in high school and therefore has only been smoking a relatively short time so the whole "its so cool thing" is still in effect, but that wears off after a couple of years or once it becomes a daily routine.

Accept my friend request, damn you!
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I totally disagree that people should think less of others just because they smoke. You don't smoke or you do smoke, no one should really care unless said smoker is doing so rudely.
They kill you.

And you know the quitting success rate for cigarettes is lower than for heroin?
Quote by RPGoof
Now replace that cig with a joint.
Now he is 10x cooler.

Obviously an idiot.

Quote by 40oz2freeedom
smoking cigs is gay but smoking pot IS cool lol. unless youre one of those faggots who got coerced into trying it then you go around telling everybody about it and act like a stoner even though everybody knows you arent.

my school= full of em.

ex. *two douches walking down the hall*

"dude i got sooooo high last weekend it was killer mannn"
"i know me too man i drank like 20.000 beers too omg man"

And you too.

What makes smoking green so cool? Seriously, grow the hell up.

****ing little kids.
psykopoo:
moron, spelt paedofile wrong
Last edited by broken circle at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Does you're opinion of someone whose gay go down once you find out their gay?

.... bigot.
*Official Deadhead*

You know whats cooler? Heroin
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Oh **** yea.

HOT DAMN!!!!
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
you are a looser.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
It's not cool, and that is coming from a smoker. It is so not cool to smoke. However, 'coolness' is not a big reason kids do things anymore.

As a teen ( I started smoking when I was 14 and still do) I remember not really giving my smoking much thought at all. I don't recall noticing the first time I craved a cigarette, nor do I recall the first time I needed one really badly, like as a stress crutch. However I do remember wishing a lot of the time that I were older. I would act older, carry myself more maturely, and I remember people remarking how surprised they were when they learned my age. People are still taken aback sometimes to learn that I'm only 21, rather than the 25, 26, or even 27 that I've gotten in the past. In all honesty, I got myself started on smoking. Not my mother who smoke since she was 16 (and still does) or my brother who provided me with my first drag (who still smokes and had his first at 12), but myself. I used my money, asked that 18 year old in my guitar class, and got that first pack of marlboro reds, all under my own volition. I couldn't have justified why at the time, nor can I justify buying a pack now with any more remark other than "I'm almost out." When I think about it, subconsciously, smoking made me feel older. It was something only legal adults could openly participate in. I was doing it, and I was surviving on a day-to-day basis, so I must have thought I could handle it.

I can't say I would have thought of any of that when I was 14, but I can say it makes sense to think of it like that now. It was never about being cool. I was never really a 'cool kid' to begin with. I really just wanted to be able to exist without getting fucked with, and for the most part, I was able to.
I only smoke cause it gives me a reason to get away from stupid and annoying people, or awkward situations.

Brb, need a smoke.
Here is my signature.
Quote by ~DrEaM ThEaTeR~
yes cause smoking immediately makes them less of a person

It shows that they (1) are easily influenced by other's opinions or (2) make bad decisions about their personal health.

Also I don't really want to hang around them because I don't personally enjoy inhaling smoke, and they usually tend to smell like it the majority of the time.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Accept my friend request, damn you!

How do I do that
*Official Deadhead*

If I had a dime for everytime I heard a teacher or adult in some superior position than myself "cigarettes don't make you look cool" I'd be rich... hell we all would be. But is that true? Do they really not make you look cool? Well of course its not true... I mean honestly if you were 14 or 15 (well most people here are but thats beside the point) and saw a video of Miles Davis playing some amazing jazz tune, then finishing his solo, then going off to the side to smoke a cig, and the camera kept him in view peripherally while John Coltraine was being filmed from the stage (which I have seen) would you not think smoking was the coolest thing in the world? Everytime you see pictures or videos of your favorite artists smoking ciggaretes does it not urge you that much more to smoke? Fuck teachers wouldn't make such a big deal about it being cool if it wasn't. All I'm saying is that the nictotine naysayers need to stop using the whole "its not cool" thing to turn people off. It is cool, as exemplified by this awesome picture of Dexter Gordon:

I'm not saying its good for you, but smoking damn sure makes you look cool.
No. The smoking isn't the cool thing, it's Miles Davis. If it was just some random person who happened to play an instrument really well, no one would care, or think it was "cool". It would just be commonplace.

Smoking isn't the cool thing. It's the person doing it. Nothing more, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Oh **** yea.

And cigarettes DO make you look cool, no matter what anyone says. I'm not even a smoker and I can admit that.
Quote by trey-col89

Weed has practically no carcinogens compared to smokes. Therefore, your ubteen times less likely to get cancer or lung disease. In fact, if you knew anything, youd know that they use weed to fight cancer.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Oh **** yea.

See now just imagine this person without a cigarette and it goes from "someone I would possibly ask to bum a cig off of and strike up meaningless conversation with if for no other reason than not to seem like an asshole who bums a cigarette and walks away" to someone I wouldn't even look at for fear of vomiting.
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by trey-col89
How do I do that

Go to your profile and accept it.

Also, on the topic:

There are times where I will see someone in a picture (such as that of Dexter Holland, which you already posted) where the person looks rather neat. However, it's usually only in pictures, and not in real life, that I see people who are smoking looking cool. I'm not sure why, though.

Doesn't really matter anyways.
Pot > cigarettes.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by rollininrhythm
Weed has practically no carcinogens compared to smokes. Therefore, your ubteen times less likely to get cancer or lung disease. In fact, if you knew anything, youd know that they use weed to fight cancer.

Please, I don't believe any self-righteous drivel that says smoking something will cure you. Just a sad attempt to try and justify weed as something that should be legal. But you and me both know that the only reason 99 percent of people who want it legal actually believe it should be is so that they don't have to be so paranoid about cops and authority figures crawling up their asses for getting high.
*Official Deadhead*

I agree, TS. Smoking can increase one's cool factor...just like being black.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by trey-col89
Please, I don't believe any self-righteous drivel that says smoking something will cure you. Just a sad attempt to try and justify weed as something that should be legal. But you and me both know that the only reason 99 percent of people who want it legal actually believe it should be is so that they don't have to be so paranoid about cops and authority figures crawling up their asses for getting high.

Wow, your kind of an ass

I just said that people believe it helps fight cancer, and its been proven effective vs eye cancer. I never even mentioned legalization.

However, I do believe that smokes are worse then pot, and if either of them should be illegal, its cigarettes.
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Pot > cigarettes.

its been said before, but THIS.

...but I don't see how smoking anything makes you cool. Its just that pot is...so much more enjoyable than cigarettes.

I can smoke a joint with some buddies, feel nice an relaxed, have a good time.

I can smoke a cigarette, or a bunch of cigarettes, and be miserable and smell disgusting.

personally, I don't like people who smoke cigarettes. Especially girls, its a huge turnoff for me.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Page 1 of 5