Hey there guys, theres a guy here in Edinburgh selling A 1974 gibson SG for £850. Before you ask I haven't got any pics, but the seller says its in very good condition. I dont know whether a case is included. Do you think £850 is a good price? Thats about 1700 US Dollars, but guitars are always more expensive here in the UK

Any ideas for value?
Thanks,
Mick
That's a good price, especially considering its age.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^ Plus it will appreciate, since it's semi-vintage, and will most likely be of a higher quality than a modern SG for the same reason.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Sounds good to me, make sure to post some picks if you buy it!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I own an SG from '74, and it's fairly good. To be honest, I prefer my Epiphone G-400 over it, but that's because of the neck profile and the pickups.

The one I have has mini-humbuckers, which I really don't like...

But, that sounds like like a steal of a price. I got offered $2,500 for my SG, which is more then what you're paying when you convert it. Mine is the "Special" model though, which may be worth more or less.
If it's in good condition, then yeah, great price.

I played a wonderful 70s SG last year I usually hate SGs, but it was perfect.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
play it first, it may be a dud. even in the earlier gibson days there were bad guitars put out, just far less of them.

most likely it should be good though and thats a great deal for a vintage sg.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
hey there guys, an update on the guitar. It only has one original pickup, the other is a Dimarzio, which is over 10 years old. Still think its a good buy?
Mick
Yeah, buy it! But play it first...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here