Page 1 of 2
googleo.com

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You better be in retard spanish....

Estoy, Estas, Esta, Estamos, Estan

Fuck I haven't taken spanish since 11th grade and I still know that.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
You better be in retard spanish....

Estoy, Estas, Esta, Estamos, Estan

Fuck I haven't taken spanish since 11th grade and I still know that.

All tenses. That's one tense in the imperative. Read the question before you answer.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
future tense is always voy/vas/va/van/vamos/vais a estar
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

We raise the Vibratory so high
That all untruth will fall of its own dead weight
Estoy, Estas, Esta, Estamos, Estais, Estan
Esto, Estuviste, Estuve, Estuvi, Estuvieron
Estaba, Estabas, Estabamos(spoken accent first a), Estaban
Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.

Cool.
Last edited by dylpikle9 at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by Hanzi_G
All tenses. That's one tense in the imperative. Read the question before you answer.

Thats one tense in the INDICATIVE. Know the **** what you are talking about before you post.

Anyway it is

Present- Estoy, Estas, Esta, Estamos, Estan
Preterit- Estuve, Estuviste, Estuvo, Estuvimos, Estuvieron
Imperfect- Estaba, Estabas, Estabamos, Estaban
Future- Estare, Estaras, Estara, Estaremos, Estaran
Conditional- Estaria, Estarias, Estaria, Estariamos, Estarian.

I didn't include accent marks, but that is all you should need, I can include subjunctive too if you need.
Quote by incarnation
future tense is always voy/vas/va/van/vamos/vais a estar

No fail, that is one type of future tense, there are two.
Quote by dylpikle9
Estoy, Estas, Esta, Estamos, Estais, Estan
Esto, Estuviste, Estuve, Estuvi, EstuvieronEstaba, Estabas, Estabamos(spoken accent first a), Estaban

Should be

Estuve, Estuviste, Estuvo, Estuvimos, Estuvierion.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by EnemyWolf
no.

=(

Edit: Bold my mistake(s) for future reference please.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by dylpikle9
=(

Edit: Bold my mistake(s) for future reference please.

Alright done, sorry for being so blunt
I wasn't necessarily doing them in order. The first ones I did do in order because I have that order beaten into my head. I just put those others in the order I remembered them. It's all good
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by dylpikle9
I wasn't necessarily doing them in order

Yea but still, Esto and Estuvi aren't words. I think you meant Estuvimos for the second one, and maybe Estuve for the first.
Quote by alr510
estoy
estas
esta
estamos
estais
estan
get learned.

He said all tenses, not all persons (if that is what you call it)
I could swear esto (accent o) was a word
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
**** spanish. I hate that that shit is manditory in schools and universities. What the fuck do I need to know spanish or french for.... unless I plan on living in one of these areas or being a language teacher... and I don't... fuck it
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by dylpikle9
I could swear esto (accent o) was a word

Ésto, means "this" in neuter gender, which you use when you are talking about like "this" concept, or something with no gender, or if you are unsure of the gender, so you just make it neuter.
**** spanish. I hate that that shit is manditory in schools and universities. What the fuck do I need to know spanish or french for.... unless I plan on living in one of these areas or being a language teacher... and I don't... fuck it

French, useless, yes, extremely. However Spanish is so widely understood and spoken in America, having that ability, as well as fluent English can help you A TON, even if you don't want to live in a Spanish speaking area, or have a language based career.
estoy
estas
esta
estamos
estais (i has accent)
estan

ohh and btw take notes in class next time or just open ur book
*facepalm
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
Quote by EnemyWolf
French, useless, yes, extremely. However Spanish is so widely understood and spoken in America, having that ability, as well as fluent English can help you A TON, even if you don't want to live in a Spanish speaking area, or have a language based career.

Not to mention being bilingual can net you an extra 10k a year for many jobs.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
here are all six forms in the present tense, with the accents

estoy, estás, está, estáis, estamos, están.

your class might not use the fourth one....

Quote by dylpikle9

i also heard that learning chinese will double the value of a business degree
Quote by dylpikle9

Yes, exactly, I want to be either a linguist or professional translator in Asian languages, but I learned Spanish first because JUST IN CASE, I change my mind, and decide to go with some other career, I still have Spanish, which is valued greatly in ALL careers.
Quote by dylpikle9

I'm a music major... language won't do me much use, yet I'm still being forced into a language. I would have just taken beginner spanish since I took it for 4 years in high school... but since I already had taken it, I would have been placed in intermediate spanish.... and I'll be damned if I remember anything. So I opted to take beginner french and am doing mediocre.... god damnit I hate that you are required to take certain shit.
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by dudius
here are all six forms in the present tense, with the accents

estoy, estás, está, estáis, estamos, están.

your class might not use the fourth one....

i also heard that learning chinese will double the value of a business degree

Yea, I listen to Spanish music from Spain and even they rarely use the vosotros form...

Yes, Chinese is one of the most important languages in the world to be able to speak, however, me being a learner of it, will tell you that is HARD AS SHIT, at least 10x harder than Spanish lol.
Present progressive is like... never mind it doesn't work that way, it's like estoy escuchando musica or something (read as: says "I/you/he/she/they/we/you all/you formal is _______ing).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by trey-col89
I'm a music major... language won't do me much use, yet I'm still being forced into a language. I would have just taken beginner spanish since I took it for 4 years in high school... but since I already had taken it, I would have been placed in intermediate spanish.... and I'll be damned if I remember anything. So I opted to take beginner french and am doing mediocre.... god damnit I hate that you are required to take certain shit.

You can't bash the uselessness of foreign language education until you bash the EXTREME uselessness of Chemistry. Seriously unless I am going to have an extremely specific job in that field, I can NEVER make use of knowing where electrons are located exactly in an atom, and how molecular bonds are created.

And what if in your musical career you meet some musicians from other countries, and you could speak their language, they would probably respect you a lot more. Language is the foundation of human society, therefore making it the most important (and only) thing we will always possess. Others can take away your possessions, but no one can ever steal language from man.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Oct 22, 2008,
Well in high school its required that you take all the sciences and maths and englishes and histories and shit. Language though should not be manditory. Its great that they offer it, hell offer up every language in the world, great. But to make it manditory for FOUR years is retarded.
*Official Deadhead*

Quote by trey-col89
Well in high school its required that you take all the sciences and maths and englishes and histories and shit. Language though should not be manditory. Its great that they offer it, hell offer up every language in the world, great. But to make it manditory for FOUR years is retarded.

Science and math is more useless than foreign language, contrary to what most people say, saying that history and English are the useless subjects.

And you have to take four years of language???? Here it is only one year. About 90% of the Spanish I have learned though has been through self-learning/resources/immersion. Classes really don't teach you shit.

Welcome to a little something i like to call Globalization. You should grow the **** up and expand your knowledge.

Try to be more open minded. You'd be surprised to know all the stuff your missing out on just because you refuse to learn stuff besides what you think is absolutely necessary to survive
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by EnemyWolf
Science and math is more useless than foreign language, contrary to what most people say, saying that history and English are the useless subjects.

And you have to take four years of language???? Here it is only one year. About 90% of the Spanish I have learned though has been through self-learning/resources/immersion. Classes really don't teach you shit.

It is mandatory at my school. And the only languages available are Spanish, French, German, and Chinese.

Chinese is useless, even though it is the most common language in the world, all the chinese people are in china, so what does it matter to people in Europe and USA
sup, my name is abe
I mean in all honestly I think science and math is way more important than foreign language. I mean obviously nobody gives a shit about calculus and sin cosin whatever in the real world. But hell if you're in any kind of accounting or business related company math is essential although somewhat simple math... pretty much sticking to add, subtract, divide, multiply.

And science is essential for medicine, for knowing about other species and shit. Language I just can't see being real useful.
*Official Deadhead*

Where I live it isn't mandatory to take a language class, but you can't get into college without at least two years.
And while chemistry is generally useless, I find it a fascinating subject.
When it comes to math, knowing Calculus is important if you want to deal with anything involving population and their needs. It would be good for a business degree.
History imo is useless. Sure, it's good to know the big things, but I don't feel the need to know Roosevelt's favorite pastimes.
Quote by Tsucchi

Cool.
Quote by abluesman100
It is mandatory at my school. And the only languages available are Spanish, French, German, and Chinese.

Chinese is useless, even though it is the most common language in the world, all the chinese people are in china, so what does it matter to people in Europe and USA

Chinese is most important language, other than English, if you considering a career in foreign language. And French is useless because once again, as you said, they are all concentrated in a relatively small area, and even if you try to speak their language, they hate you because you can't speak it perfect. German is useless because English is understood by 50% (and growing) of the population.
Page 1 of 2