K, so I've been looking at upgrading my amp after already getting my new guitar. On musiciansfriend, crate v series tube amps are on sale. Anyone have experience with these? Link to the one I'm thinking of: Crate V Series 33W 2x12 Tube Amp

btw, I play rock and metal, along with some blues. I'm thinking about getting a distortion pedal to go with it, so relatively cheap, but good suggestions are welcome.
Buy it.

Get a metal muff.

Wash

Rinse

Repeat.
Yeah i have it and it's great, awesome cleans. I need to buy a distortion pedal though, i'm probably getting the metal muff but i need to try it out
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Also: Change the speakers.

Or: Get the head + cab, and then change the speakers

And: It depends on the metal. I can play some mean Drop B stoner metal on it. Sounds pretty good.
And maybe the tubes too, the stock sovteks could be better. I plan on getting new tubes after a distortion pedal and maybe switching out the speakers one day
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
I has the same question. I'm into gilbert. Like you wouldn't believe. So it would need cleans crunch and a little RacerX shred. Would one a these plus a ts808 or something do it for me?? or maybe a fulltone OCD? thanks!
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Quote by FullTank
I has the same question. I'm into gilbert. Like you wouldn't believe. So it would need cleans crunch and a little RacerX shred. Would one a these plus a ts808 or something do it for me?? or maybe a fulltone OCD? thanks!

It has cleans and it has crunch, but I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.
Quote by imgooley
It has cleans and it has crunch, but I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

I think it's like shread stuff. It could do it. Won't be the best for it but it'll manage
Quote by mcrfobtai
I think it's like shread stuff. It could do it. Won't be the best for it but it'll manage

If he want's to do that, I guess he should get a compressor or a XXX.
Quote by imgooley
If he want's to do that, I guess he should get a compressor or a XXX.

Compressor could work. XXX at that price...
ya, it wont do shred/ metal,
rock & blues its great for though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene