Hello all,
I was just wondering if anyone out there might have an idea of a better than average 7-string with a not so high price. This will be my first 7-string guitar, but I have played 6 for quite a while, so I don't really know what I am looking for. I have an LTD H-1001 and love it, and am not looking for anything with a hell-sent Floyd Rose(*vomits*). I was inspired to play 7-strings by Unearth, so Ibanez is where I am turning to first, but am willing to hear anything anyone has to offer. If anyone does know what exact guitars that the guitarists of Unearth do use, please let me know as well.

Thank you.
I have a MIJ Ibanez RG7421 I'd sell you. I'm looking for $300 plus shipping and I can get you some pictures if your interested. Where are you located?
Hmmm, no harm in taking a gander I suppose. Just give me the specs and such. I am in Lebanon, Oregon.
I heard Agile makes some pretty killer 7 strings for the price. I've never played one though.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Rokket's rg is one of the best 7-strings for the price, you might want to go for it.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
It looks good, but it is going to be a bummer to replace the pick-ups. Last time I had Duncan's I wanted to scratch my ear drums out. EMGs ftw.
Ibanez hardtails to check out...

RG7621 - high quality MIJ discontinued, replaced by prestige series (not too expensive second hand)

RG7421 - good quality budget MIJ, discontinued (should be cheap 2nd hand)

RG7321 - Cheap made in korea, people speak highly of it as a starter 7

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Know of any reliable 2nd hand sites or something? Not a big fan of Ebay and Craigslist around my town doesn't have any. I am still waiting for pictures of Rokket's, too. Keep the support comin'!
Quote by rokket2005
I have a MIJ Ibanez RG7421 I'd sell you. I'm looking for $300 plus shipping and I can get you some pictures if your interested. Where are you located?

Any chance that you are willing to ship it to Iceland? might be interested
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Quote by Phalanx541
Back off, bro. I asked first. =P

NOOO, just kidding.
You can have it
Iceland is bankrupt
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Schecter makes some of the best 7string guitars!

check them out before you buy anything

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Check local pawn shops
I just found a 2002 dean 7 string ml for $200
After a clean and a string change, I love it
Yeah, I went down to my pawn shop and they didn't have anything other than guns and.... chew. Schecter's do have a good rep, but do you have any specific guitars that are worth it for a $400 under price? Thank you all for the help.
what fixed bridge 7s did Ibby use to make? also, maybe look at a used Ibanez S 7 (i believe the 7420 is what Buz and Ken from Unearth use/used along with their customs).
You can snag an older model Schecter C-7 for $200 or so, very nice PUs, JB and '59. The Squier 7 that I got on impulse, for very cheap, feels pretty solid, too. After a PU upgrade (watching CL and eBay for bargains), this stringthrough model can be a beast.

Quote by USAPeavey
I heard Agile makes some pretty killer 7 strings for the price. I've never played one though.
Aye. I've been told similar stories.

http://www.rondomusic.com/septor.html

Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
How about a Schecter C-7? It's got good stuff, Mahogany body, Tonepros bridge, decent (duncan designed active) pickups, etc...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the C-7s are amazing. I've played the Hellraiser a lot, and it's a suprisingly versatile guitar, more than capable of the brutal chunk chunk.