Generally how much do drum mic cost since we can't use vocal mics? We don't need an amazing one just want that will do at least half-decent. Using a UX1.
Who says you can't use vocal mics? Given the fact that you only have one input (as far as I can tell) your best bet is probably going to be a 'vocal mic' placed either overhead or a bit in front of the kit. You might need to put the pad on your mic (assuming it has one) but you'll be perfectly safe recording it with a good condenser.

what are you using for vocals anyways?
Quote by big crouton
Who says you can't use vocal mics? Given the fact that you only have one input (as far as I can tell) your best bet is probably going to be a 'vocal mic' placed either overhead or a bit in front of the kit. You might need to put the pad on your mic (assuming it has one) but you'll be perfectly safe recording it with a good condenser.

what are you using for vocals anyways?

I read that you can't use the vocal mics for drums becaause it would blow out your mic from a couple of sources. We're using a GM26 (http://www.123dj.com/microphones/corded/gm26.html) so I'm not sure how it'd work out. And by the pad, you mean the black soft part inside the grill?

And we're using that GM26 for everything. As lame as it sounds it works decently when you're broke.
Don't be afraid to use that mic on your drums. You'll be fine to set it up in an overhead position or a couple feet in front of the kit.

As for destroying the mic, unless you're using a condenser and you're sticking it right up to one of the drums, you're not likely to blow it. I used two AKG C414s as overheads today and they sounded beautiful and there was no danger to them, and those mics are over a thousand dollars each.
No, don't remove that piece of foam. A 'pad' is a button found on your preamp that reduces the signal level so it doesn't clip your input at the recorder end.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.