1. Fender American Standard or Deluxe Stratocaster vs G&L Legacy? Which one is better(if you say it's my preference, then tell me yours) and why?

2. This is a really big problem...... sorry for posting a lot of threads on this question but... for the color of the strat, i'm deciding on 3-tone sunburst or olympic white.. Is the 3 tone sunburst in Fender the same as the one in G&L? And what is the color in G&L that is the closest to the Fender olympic white? if i get some sort of G&L white, should i get mint green pg or white? and lastly, 3-tone or olympic white(or G&L style white)

3. This kinda relates to Q1... In musiciansfriend, the american deluxe comes with 12 pack of fender strings, locking tuners, s-1 switch, SCN pickups, hardshell case, and others. The G&L comes with the hardshell case and its own pickups, but it doesn't have the others... If you say G&L is better than deluxe, which one is a better deal? what does the s-1 switch do?(to the sound)
no you should go to wikipedia... leo fender owned fender, but then sold it to cbs and then made music man and G&L.... thats why people said G&L has the true Fender sound(its custom too)
no, Fender and G&L are not affiliated at all. G&L was the masterpiece of Leo Fender, which I personally prefer over Fender. I think it is now owned by BBE
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
The S-1 switch alternates how the humbucker pickup acts (series/parallel/etc). It's the sort of thing that if you don't already know what it does, then you probably don't need it. It also causes all sorts of annoying problems if you ever want to change the existing pickups for different ones. Personally, I think it's a downgrade, and was a very silly way of doing something that is done in other guitars much simpler.

As for the colour question (you really need to stop asking that one), it really is just down to your preference. Go to a store, look at some in person. You should never pick any guitar just because someone told you they thought that [X Y or Z] was the best. Look at the colours in person, make your choice that way.

As for which is better, the general consensus is that G&L you get more for your money, and their quality control is better. On the other hand, if you ever want to customise the guitar, it will be easier to fit parts to the Fender, since most replacement parts are made to Fender specs. It'll also be easier to try out the Fender, since stores are more likely to have the Fender in stock than the G&L.

Which brings me to the final point; you're obviously someone who - this isn't meant as an insult - is a bit clueless. So it really isn't a smart idea for you to be thinking about dropping this much money on a guitar online. You need to get down to an actual store, and try these things out for yourself. That is the only way you're going to know what is actually best for you, it's the only way you're going to be able to learn how to make these sorts of choices for yourself, and it's the only way you can be sure you won't be wasting your money.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.