For those of you who are, like me, a big pinch harmonic user, this will be important for you to know.

If you go to get Zakk Wylde strings, DO NOT GET THE HEAVY GAUGE. These were the worst strings I have ever used in my life.

It makes pinch harmonics damn near impossible to pull off properly, you have to pull the low E string through the gear with pliers, it is just really time that needn't be wasted.

If you want Zakk Wylde strings, (which to emit great sound despite all the downfalls) just get the light gauge. You'll be able to bend the strings easier and create awesome pinch harmonics.
Umm what? Get stronger fingers, I can bend 11s on a strat with no problem.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I bend 12's on my strat and 13's (when I can find em) on the Paul
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era

true true. but seriously thAtz wArE teh TOANZ comz frum
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I bend 8's sometimes, too friggin thick. I like my high e to be .01 with a .1 for the low e.
I don't worry about the tone of the strings so much as the feel. I feel like 11s have plenty resistance to pick attack so I don't feel like I need to move up to 12s. I switched to 10s momentarily and they felt like toys, I couldn't trem pick for shit.
the heavy ones are like .10-.60 or something right ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
but I really like the 12s on my strat and I normally put 12s on the Paul to.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
they're harder to bend because they (the Custom Heavy Gauge) are meant to be played in stuff like drop D or C. the Regular Gauge is what you'd be into.
Yeah, and since they are meant to be in drop d and you don't bend as much on the low strings they really shouldn't be an issue.
+1 ^
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by mikeyElite
the heavy ones are like .10-.60 or something right ?

nah, those are regular gauge. most companies list it like this:
Light: 0.09-0.42
Medium: 0.10-0.46
Heavy: 0.11-48

then there are weird gauges like:
Custom Light: 0.09-0.46
Light Top/Heavy Bottom:0.10-52
Custom Heavy: 0.11-0.52
it's an .11 - .70 set if he got the heavy gauges. i play them when i tuned real real low (drop A# and drop G, acacia strain FTW).

you just need to man up and toss back a brew or two, then you'll pinch like zakk.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet
it's an .11 - .70 set if he got the heavy gauges. i play them when i tuned real real low (drop A# and drop G, acacia strain FTW).

you just need to man up and toss back a brew or two, then you'll pinch like zakk.

oh. i thought he was talking about the Dunlop strings, not the Boomers.
0.10-0.46 = The secks
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
+1
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Why would you review guitar strings? That's like reviewing which teaspoon is best for putting sugar in your tea.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Why would you review guitar strings? That's like reviewing which teaspoon is best for putting sugar in your tea.

+ 18978679546532856-50]965-480365954353563649!!!!1111 Oneonepne

Or so.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

when I used the ZW strings I didn't have any problems with pinch harmonics or anything really.

it did bust my nut though. but no big deal
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to go throw back some brew now. Get some mediums. I don't remember who asked but it's the Dunlop not the Boomers.
Just a thought but if you put big heavy strings on a Strat then would it cause your trem to lift when doing big bends and make it difficult to accuratly bend to the right note. Would that also mean it goes out of tune more often than a Strat already does?

RA
The fact that the Low E on the heavy set is a 70, didnt you look?

12's ftw.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Bitch, I learned how to play (including the br00tz) on an acoustic. I can bend like a hooker on 13's.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I love 11's. :O
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000