Page 1 of 6
Hello Pit Monkeys!

I have a challenge for you! a challenge in which the winner will get PRIDE and GLORY. also you can put something in your sig about how cool you are.

anyway, what are your thoughts on having a UG pumpkin carving contest? i know its getting close to halloween, so it seems like a good time for something like this.

i will take up to 40 participants. if you are interested, post in this thread saying you want to be part of the competition.

please only agree to do this if you are serious about doing it. i dont want 40 people to sign up, and then only 15 submit an entry.

all you have to do is carve a pumpkin. carve anything you want. once you do this, take a picture of it, preferably while you have it lit up.

I will make a list of all the entrants at the bottom of my post.

i hope people actually like this idea. it seems like it could be fun and probably pretty damn funny.

well, thats about it. SIGN UP!!!!!! id like to get enough participants ASAP since the deadline will be Friday Oct. 31 at Midnight EST.

oh, and of course im going to let the Pit vote on the pumpkins. once i get all of the submissions i will put up polls so you can all vote on them. we will have either 2 or 3 rounds of voting. im not sure yet.

p.s. I'm sticking this because I can.

EDIT: Once you are added to the list, feel free to submit your photo to me whenever you get the chance. you have until Friday Oct. 31 at Midnight EST to send them to me. DO NOT SEND ME A PICTURE UNTIL I ADD YOU TO THE LIST.

you can either PM the picture to me, or send it to the following email address: rageisrevolution@gmail.com (go ahead and spam it if you want. i use this one for junk stuff mostly anyway.) either attach it to an email, or send me a link to photobucket, imageshack, etc. make sure you put something like "pumpkin contest" in the subject line so i dont skip over it. also, include your username if you decide to email it. PLEASE PUT SOMETHING IN THE PICTURE THAT SAYS "UG" OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THAT SO WE KNOW YOU ACTUALLY CARVED THE PUMPKIN. please dont put your username in the picture though since id like the voting to be anonymous.

THE POLLS!!!

Group 1

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990459

Group 2

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990461

Group 3

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990465

Group 4

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990468
THW's challenge is so much cooler than yours

So I guess this means we aren't carving pumpkins in the Ultimate challenge.
I'm not signing up, but I'd like to mention that some kind of proof of identity should be a good idea. Like, a piece of paper with your username written on it, so nobody can cheat and put up pics from google.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm not signing up, but I'd like to mention that some kind of proof of identity should be a good idea. Like, a piece of paper with your username written on it, so nobody can cheat and put up pics from google.

I second that entire post.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
THW's challenge is so much cooler than yours

yes, it is.

but i thought this would be a fun idea since its Halloween.

plus im sure some pit monkeys can come up with some pretty hilarious carvings.
Too bad I've never carved a pumpkin before, so I'm not doing this but it's a good idea.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by daytripper75
yes, it is.

but i thought this would be a fun idea since its Halloween.

plus im sure some pit monkeys can come up with some pretty hilarious carvings.

It is a cool idea, I wish it was a UG challenge event

I would paint the pumpkin red (GO RED!) and then carve sean connery's face in it.

(Red october reference).

edit: inb4 "lol wut" pumpkin.
I'm in for sure. Got a pretty good idea too. Sign me the heck up!

Unless I'm not allowed to sign up because I'm a mod, but even so I'm gonna carve a pumpkin anyway
I'll sign up!
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Should have said pride and joy....

btw, I'm not in. But I like the idea.
Quote by raindropsXroses
I might sign up, but I have a question first. When will the pictures need to be turned in by?

i was thinking by next wednesday.

then we can have a round of voting on thursday, and then the final round on friday, which is Halloween.

Quote by sargasm
I'm in for sure. Got a pretty good idea too. Sign me the heck up!

Unless I'm not allowed to sign up because I'm a mod, but even so I'm gonna carve a pumpkin anyway

of course you can sign up.

i might even enter one myself. since im letting the voting up to the pit, i dont see any conflict with that.
I'm in!

I'll post pics of me carving too if I can. But, I'll definately do it. I carve every year!
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Oh man I think I'm gonna go get me a pumpkin tomorrow.

The only problem is I have to carry it home on my bike. I'll have to get a small one.
i really hope i get enough people to sign up.

this could be really awesome.

i just need to wait until tomorrow when more people are on. right now its late/early for the majority of users to be on.
I can't believe nobody thought of this in previous years actually. It's a sweet idea.
i just happened to think of it today at work. i saw a few people buying pumpkins, and it made me want to carve one. then i though to myself "hey, this could be a cool contest for UG. i think we could get some really funny pumpkins."
I think I'll sit this one out. I can barely trust myself with a rusty butter knife, let alone to sloppily take a sharp cleaver to a pumpkin and expect myself to come up with something vaguely resembling a decoration.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
this would be epic if i could get some other guys to help me out with a fat ass goatse pumpkin party thing. i'll post if i can make it happen
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
I'll most likely do more than one anyway. Anyway count me in.

*Carves crappy pumpkin and everyone laughs*
Quote by Quintessence153
I'll sign up!

Is there a limit of one pumpkin per entry?

i guess if you have more than one in the picture it is ok, but there is a one picture limit. how does that sound?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

edit: inb4 "lol wut" pumpkin.

That's what I was gonna say

I'm gonna have to sit this one out. It's a good idea and looking forward to the pictures

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
of course.

im just going to post it and let the Pit Monkeys vote on which is the best.

dont worry though, it will all be anonymous until the end.
haha great idea! i've never carved a pumpkin before (we don't do that sort of thing here lol...) but i might give it a go! i doubt i'll be able to think of anything good, or do a decent job of carving it, but i might as well try
from daylight...
...into darkness
Quote by divid3d
i'm so excited about this, it's quite sad

Me too, and I don't even know if I'll enter
RULE BRITANNIA
god i just realised we don't have much time at all to do this i dunno if i'll have time to go buy a pumpkin before the 29th, let alone carve one! but i'll try...
from daylight...
...into darkness