Alright so I dont have a bass and I really dont have anyone that can let me borrow one, so I want to do it like I did the drums for my tracks, program it. What's a good Plug-In/Software that I can use and sequence bass tracks? FL Studio's isn't very nice.
Last edited by Eric 666 at Oct 22, 2008,
Well, there are free plugins online...and there's professional stuff...what's the budget?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Guitar Pro gets an ok bass tone. I can easily tell it apart from a real bass but most people won't catch on instantly.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Well, there are free plugins online...and there's professional stuff...what's the budget?

Doesn't matter, I'll see what I can afford later, I just need some good direction in which way I could go, from the really cheap stuff to the real desirable gems out there.
Hmm...and getting a bass yourself is out of the question? Reason and the Bass refill's pretty much the industry standard, and there's always Konkakt.

This could work too.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

Well, if you're only looking for authentic bass tones with a program (as opposed to a synth bass), then I'd just recommend you get a cheap bass and DI it.

As for programs, have a trawl through www.kvraudio.com, that has a lot of free plugins that you could try.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Hmm...and getting a bass yourself is out of the question? Reason and the Bass refill's pretty much the industry standard, and there's always Konkakt.

This could work too.

Yeah pretty much, I dont have the money to get a decent sounding bass and amp JUST to record you know? Plus the person who I thought would lend me one pretty much ignored me the other day when I asked him, as long as there's something like EZDrummer but for bass where I could program it to play the bass parts for me, I dont mind it as long as it sounds good.
Well.... You could go and get Reason. and spend 400 bucks or.......

Go and buy a squire p-bass for around 130 and a DI box (if you don't already have one) for another 50 or so and have a whole set up. You don't need an amp for DI stuff. Plus this way you get a new instrument and it is cheaper.....

All in all it just depends what you are looking for. Reason will give prolly give you more options but you willl have to fiddle with it more and it costs more.

-Good luck
Ryan
Quote by GaijinFoot
I use Reason with fruityloops rewired.
infact it is the bass to our demo
www.myspace.com/gaijinlondon

That sounds good, I'm going for a thrashier sound than that, but I'm sure I can EQ Reason, I use FL Studio also which is what I use for my drum programming with EZDrummer so I'm sure I could use that a bunch, thanks.
I'd still go with the cheap bass and DI it. You won't need an amp, it'll probably cost less than good software, and it'll be easier than programming it in, as you won't have to worry about getting the 'human' feel right.
There is poetry in despair.
Good cheap basses can be found at Rondomusic (here's a guy with that and a $40 Behringer Sanamp-imitation pedal), ESP (their LTD line's surprisingly varied with interesting woods), Ibanez, and Squier. As for DI...I'd go for a preamp since that'd create more of the sounds that you want. Personally, I'd go with an interface like a Pod X3 that can do guitar and bass imitations well.
Quote by keiron_d