Page 1 of 2
So to day I just found out that Kreator and Exodus are coming to my city in April (HOLY SHIT), but their playing a venue that is almost always no minors.
Here in Alberta your considered a minor till your 18, and Im 16, I'll be 17 at the time though.
But do you have any suggestions on how I should try and get in?

Thanks
Member of the Metal Militia. PM Gibson_10 or AngelOfSorrow to join
"Hey, I'm 18."
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
You're gonna be in some trouble unless you can secure a fake ID or someone who looks similar to you and is only slightly older...or if you sneak in? But that isn't usually a good idea- might get kicked out and not see anything if you do that..maybe sneak in only as a last resort if you can't get ID.
Wait till youre 18.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Create a machine that can speed up the aging process so you turn 18 faster. Just make sure you remember to turn it off, or reverse the effect or you may end up like 93 or something.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
How about you realise the concept of 'tough shit' and wish your parents conceived you a year earlier. I had to wait, and so should you.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Albertans FTW! i didnt hear about that show. But yeah just go in with a crowd of older looking people and you should be fine
Quote by IncubusMan999
How about you realise the concept of 'tough shit' and wish your parents conceived you a year earlier. I had to wait, and so should you.

what? **** that! if kreator and exodus came to my town and played an adult show, i wouldn't miss it for anything. plus, sulking around when you could do something about it isn't very metal. sneak in dude, unless you can find a fake id, which is useful in many more ways than this...
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
I've snuck into bar shows.

Be slick
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by metalhead_99801
what? **** that! if kreator and exodus came to my town and played an adult show, i wouldn't miss it for anything. plus, sulking around when you could do something about it isn't very metal. sneak in dude, unless you can find a fake id, which is useful in many more ways than this...

I am over 18, I can go wherever the hell I please. I missed out on many great shows when I was under and I think he should suck it up and wait till he is old enough, instead of having a cry that he can't go to shows, which isn't very metal either.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by GNiCk89
I've snuck into bar shows.

Be slick

I know how you did it probably wont help me cause it will be a whole different situation, but how did you?

and say i got caught whats the worst they could do?

Quote by IncubusMan999
I am over 18, I can go wherever the hell I please. I missed out on many great shows when I was under and I think he should suck it up and wait till he is old enough, instead of having a cry that he can't go to shows, which isn't very metal either.

Say what you will, but im sure as hell not missing my two favorite bands playing the same show.
Last edited by gibson_10 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by gibson_10
I know how you did it probably wont help me cause it will be a whole different situation, but how did you?

and say i got caught whats the worst they could do?

I went with a big group of people who were 21, and while they're IDs were being checked, I snuck behind them, out of the view of the ticket dude.

Supervillains show it was. Just saw them again tonight
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Heres my advice: wait a year.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by gibson_10
So to day I just found out that Kreator and Exodus are coming to my city in April (HOLY SHIT), but their playing a venue that is almost always no minors.
Here in Alberta your considered a minor till your 18, and Im 16, I'll be 17 at the time though.

Thanks

Be 18.
You're*
Thanks to everyone who said something positve

And to everyone who said to wait a year, these two bands are both from the early 80's so who knows if I'll ever get another chance to see them after this.
Tell them you're doing a music engineering course and the sound guy is showing you the tricks of the trade?
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by gibson_10

Thanks

Borrow the ID of a friend who is 18 and has the same coloured skin as you.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Ok, Pay a group of people to sneak you in, preferabley you know them. Wear Black and longsleeve chothing. nothing that exposes much skin.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by IncubusMan999

Just because you're a pussy doesn't mean he has to be.
What's the fun in being a kid if you're not gong to break the rules, now that I can do everything, yeah it's fun, but there it's nothing like sneaking into places/using a fake id, drinking/blazing in public etc, nothing is new anymore.
Why shouldn't he get to have fun?
just borrow the ID of a friend who kinda looks like you and you should be fine. most of the time as long as you present them with a Id that says your 18 they normally dont care.
Turn up early, before they're ticketing and checking ids, so they're asking cover charge from 8PM, turn up at 7, and avoid dealing with security. If you chat to the opening band, you can often get in when they're loading as well, and just stick close to them at sound check so you look as though you're meant to be there. When my brother was under 18 we used to do that, and even when when the cops raided the place, they left us alone because we looked like we were supposed to be there.

The 18+ rule on venues is really ****ing stupid, and if you want to be involved in the live scene (and this is Ultimateguitar after all so I assume you do) you're going to have to get good at getting around this crap. There's always one member of the band who's not quite 18 yet it seems.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Buy a merkin
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Get a friend to ride on your shoulders and wear a long coat. Never fails.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Turn up early, before they're ticketing and checking ids, so they're asking cover charge from 8PM, turn up at 7, and avoid dealing with security. If you chat to the opening band, you can often get in when they're loading as well, and just stick close to them at sound check so you look as though you're meant to be there. When my brother was under 18 we used to do that, and even when when the cops raided the place, they left us alone because we looked like we were supposed to be there.

The 18+ rule on venues is really ****ing stupid, and if you want to be involved in the live scene (and this is Ultimateguitar after all so I assume you do) you're going to have to get good at getting around this crap. There's always one member of the band who's not quite 18 yet it seems.

So you think meeting them at the back when their loading in could get me in?
Grow awesome facial hair, it's the only option.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Grow awesome facial hair, it's the only option.

Yeah I'm thinkin im gunna do that too
I would wait buddy.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Since I'm still bitter that Kreator and Exodus aren't touring Britain together, I will offer you no such advice on how to get into the show, instead I wish you a painful and ironic death.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I've been to 18+ shows before, and I didn't have to lie or anything, they didn't ID me.
Can't you get in 18+ shows as long as you have someone with that's 18?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Can't you get in 18+ shows as long as you have someone with that's 18?

Nope, you gotta be atleast 18
all the people that said wait till ur 18 are tools, heard of living?! mother****ers shit bitch **** licking ass mongers

get a fake ID its not hard to pass if you have friends
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by The Picker

Insert your picture in there.

Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Fake ID,
or get a fun, irresponsible uncle to take you?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Grow a beard.

If you however are in a hurry this might be the solution for you: shave a cat+glue.
Umm whoever recommended sneaking in while they're checking a bunch of other people's ID's...definitely wouldn't do that. I tried that once to get into a bar before I was 21 and the bouncer grabbed me back by my purse then there was no chance in hell I was getting in. And if they'll do that to a girl they definitely aren't going to let a guy sneak in like that. If you look old enough you might not get ID'd...and come on I used my older sister's ID many times before I was of-age and we don't look that much alike. You must know at least one person or someone's older brother that you can pass off as you. I think every underage person has to have that experience of using someone else's ID. And love the McLovin response. Classic.
Pay for my ticket, and I'll come down to calgary and get you in.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Page 1 of 2