Hey everybody, I've recently had an inspiration to creat a Les Paul style body guitar. As for the pick ups, that I'll need advice for, I want something that can allow me to get sounds out of my guitar like jimmy page, but I also want to be able to get some sound like say...eric johnson, or eric clapton. Also I would like to play Rammstein songs as well.

I've got a basic idea on color and even a basic idea of inlays and headstock decal, all I need to know is the basic materials i'll need to build a guitar like this, head stock and all, and maybe even some directions as too where I can start.

Any help is appreciated greatly.

And I actually did have a question about color schemes, if I wanted to blend two colors before I put it on the guitar so I can see what it looks like before i put it on the guitar, how can I do that?

Thanks guy.
Go to projectguitar.com and check out the tutorial section, there you can find a lot of information that might be useful for you.
now that i got my les paul body ready to be built I have to ask, which pick ups should I go for?
Wouldn't that require a great extra deal of work to install the battery in the back?
you can just put the battery in the control cavity if it fits...
By I wouldn't recommend Emgs for jimmy Page.
These are the pickups i've heard people say he uses or are good for his tone:
Burstbuckers 2 & 3,
Gibson 500T in the bridge,
Gibson '57
Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page

And he used coil split to so...
Wiring Diagram

Eric Clapton used single coil lace lensors.

Eric Johnson used to use the original stacked Dimarzio stacked pickups, with the bottom coil bypassed. That's a thin tone. Then he kept his tone control all the way off.
He also had his tones hooked up to the bridge and the neck instead of neck and middle tones. But once again he used single coils.

So maybe you could try find your own tone? Try some different pickups. (not emgs for your type of music)
Quote by ChrisL120
And I actually did have a question about color schemes, if I wanted to blend two colors before I put it on the guitar so I can see what it looks like before i put it on the guitar, how can I do that?

You can just try it on a piece of scrap wood...
Alright I'm seriously considering Alnico II Pro humbuckers simply because i love slashes sound, and slashes goal when he plays was to get Jimmy Page's sound and I think if he wanted too bad enough he could've gotten it. I honestly think they would help but do you think it'd restrict me from playing metal?
The Alnico II Pro absolutely sings in the neck position of a Les Paul, like it was made for it.

Bridge position, I've always liked the DiMarzio PAF Pro and the Duncan '59, pickups along those lines.
Quote by ChrisL120
Alright I'm seriously considering Alnico II Pro humbuckers simply because i love slashes sound, and slashes goal when he plays was to get Jimmy Page's sound and I think if he wanted too bad enough he could've gotten it. I honestly think they would help but do you think it'd restrict me from playing metal?

Alnico Pro 2 pickups will not magically make you sound like Slash...now, if you happen to be playing through the rest of Slash's rig then yes, they're a contributing factor to getting the tone and it won't sound quite right without them. However, they're nowhere close to being the dominant factor in his sound.

Also, they'll be downright shit for heavier stuff like Rammstein.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com