well me being such a claypool junkie i wanted to learn a tapping song by him. but i soon found out that i am unable to learn ethier DMV or jerry was a race car driver. i have been doing some basic tapping exercises to work on my skills if thats what you want to call them. but i could use some suggestions on some easier bass tapping songs to learn. so fire away, thanks.
Have you read the tapping lesson on this site? I started with the exercises in that, and then learnt the song NV43345 by Billy Sheehan. Also, Moonlight Sonata is bound to be mentioned.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

yes i have read the lesson the this site. and i have been doing those exercises for a few days. but im looking for some different song or exercises to help me out with tapping.
try Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Also Scarred by Dream Theater is pretty easy.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

bass tapping reminds me of the crossroads festival where steve vai's bassist tapped like crazy on 'i'm hell outta here'
^ that's stu hamm right?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by sbikram
bass tapping reminds me of the crossroads festival where steve vai's bassist tapped like crazy on 'i'm hell outta here'

Yes, that's Billy Sheehan.
Quote by Metalfreak777