OK, as everyone probably knows, I love my Spector to death. The problem I'm having, though, is that the neck is too chunky. I've thought about getting it sanded down a bit and refinished (not by me of course, i'd get a professional to do it. I don't trust myself. At all). That might work because I don't think the string spacing is that big a problem for me. I mentioned this idea to my mom and she pointed out that this would kill the collector's value. I don't mind though, because no matter how desperate for cash I am, I would only sell it to someone who would actually play it. I figure reducing the collector's value might be a good thing. Still, I have some questions:

1. how well would this actually work? I mean it will only take some girth out of the neck, though I think that's the biggest issue here. Still I'm not sure, because my hands are sort of medium-smallish, and I just prefer really, really small necks.
2. That would reduce the weight of the neck. will that effect the balance at all?
3. would it make the neck less durable or stable?
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Im pretty sure it wont effect the balance much, but if it does, thats easily fixed right
?
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
well hows your fretting technique? maybe thats why it feels so chunky
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
^ I knew someone would ask that. My fretting technique is ok, it could use a little work, but I don't think it's enough to make a huge difference
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
You're going to need to refinish it. Otherwise, it should be fine.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
if you sand down your neck is it required you need a new finish? if you just left i without a finish would it affect anything?
well i reckon before you do anything, get your fretting technique as good as you can possibly get it before you do anything
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
^ ya, not a bad idea.

Also, to everyone who said I need to refinish it...

Quote by kugelspot
I've thought about getting it sanded down a bit and refinished (not by me of course, i'd get a professional to do it. I don't trust myself. At all).

Read the post carefully!!!
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
not actually the best idea some truss rods are located very close to the back of the neck and i mean very close
you must make sure i is a do able process first
i do belive it will effect the neck weight but if its only a small part you want sanded down it wont be too much of a problem
and again going back to the truss rod it will make the neck less stable just get a pro setup because the bass is not designed for having less wood there and the tension if added too much could snap the neck it very uncommon but possiblilty depends on the quality of workmanship on the original building and the altering
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!