i have a cheaper epiphone les paul that i want to upgrade with new pickups until i can get my real gibson. i was thinking of putting a 57 classic at the bridge and a p94 at the neck. if you aren't familiar with the p94 it is a gibson p90 single coil in a regular humbucker size. My question here is what pros and cons would there be with this combination? and if it isn't worth it what would you suggest? thank you for your time.
Quote by dannyryan007
i have a cheaper epiphone les paul that i want to upgrade with new pickups until i can get my real gibson. i was thinking of putting a 57 classic at the bridge and a p94 at the neck. if you aren't familiar with the p94 it is a gibson p90 single coil in a regular humbucker size. My question here is what pros and cons would there be with this combination? and if it isn't worth it what would you suggest? thank you for your time.

The new pickups you're looking at will probably do fine, but might I ask what amp you'll be playing them through?

Unless you have a good, responsive (preferably tube) amp, you will not notice a lot of improvement in your sound. In that case, you'd be better off putting the pickup money towards your new guitar (or a new amp, of course).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah i jut have a 15watt line6 i really want to upgrade that. not sure to what though. line6 has a couple pretty nice bogner designed tube amps. but i don't need a stack or anything. combos would be just fine for what i need. but yeah, i've decided to just get a new set up all together. thanks. sorry for the delay
Quote by dannyryan007
yeah i jut have a 15watt line6 i really want to upgrade that. not sure to what though. line6 has a couple pretty nice bogner designed tube amps. but i don't need a stack or anything. combos would be just fine for what i need. but yeah, i've decided to just get a new set up all together. thanks. sorry for the delay

Get rid of it, I think you're talking about the Spider III. Just get a nice combo if you don't want a stack, and make sure it sounds nice.