so Norton anti virus says i have a Trojan horse
but it cant take any further action, or have access to the file..
and when i close the notification thing, it just pops back up telling me a i have a virus..

what can i do?
you do not want to open, touch or delete the infected file manually (ie clicking on it and pressing delete). You need to do a scan with your anti virus, most if not all anti virus software have a clean up tool which correct errors and get rid of bad stuff, it this doesn't work. Use another computer to download a program called Prevx, a trial antivirus which is pretty good at getting rid of things that other anti viruses can't. Try not to have your internet on while you know there is a trojan, a good majority of them can contain key loggers, info stealers etc. Hope that helps.
This is why I hate norton: it allways sais you have a virus but never fixes it :s

i'd say check what file it is, and manually delete (you probably can't delete it normally, so download a program that will delete it on startup)
Quote by ralph wiggum
and when i close the notification thing, it just pops back up telling me a i have a virus..

what can i do?

Your problem...
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Uninstall Norton and get another antivirus such as Avast, AVG, Avira, Kaspersky or Nod32.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
you do not want to open, touch or delete the infected file manually (ie clicking on it and pressing delete). You need to do a scan with your anti virus, most if not all anti virus software have a clean up tool which correct errors and get rid of bad stuff, it this doesn't work. Use another computer to download a program called Prevx, a trial antivirus which is pretty good at getting rid of things that other anti viruses can't. Try not to have your internet on while you know there is a trojan, a good majority of them can contain key loggers, info stealers etc. Hope that helps.

f*ck i already deleted it
i updated to the 2009 version of norton and so far i think its fixed
thanks guys
Quote by ralph wiggum

what can i do?

Turn off your computer, disconnect from the net, hold F8 as you start up. A window will appear, restart in Safe Mode, and delete it using command prompt by typing del/f *full file path of suss file*
well problems sometimes persist by just manually deleting the file (not to mention opening the file can spread all kinds of wonderfull goodies onto your hd). Deleting a file by hand really only deletes what you can see (what if it's a hidden folder? you'll think it's gone and safe, but it will still **** you over). Best do a full sweep with a good anti virus
used to have norton, it sucks. even verizon internet security suite is much better.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...