I just want to know, is it just me, or is there anyone else completely over hearin about how horrible the world is? is there anyone thats actually greatful for having a public health system at all? personally i think if eveyone stopped fretting so much it may actually solve a few problems. or am i just an ignorant fool for being happy with the way things are?
Grammar and its correct use could solve a lot of problems.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
i live in america. the only thing i have left to be proud of is the hamburger
So your solution is to ignore the problems and hope they go away?

Im pretty sure thats what happened with Hitler...and look where that got us.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
America is pretty well off for the most part but a lot of places have it worse. Some countries are ruled by gangs, or dictators.
It's just you, and a few others. Anyway, your a minority and the world treats minorities badly so your life is going to start sucking like everyone elses now.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by crumbedfish
I just want to know, is it just me, or is there anyone else completely over hearin about how horrible the world is? is there anyone thats actually greatful for having a public health system at all? personally i think if eveyone stopped fretting so much it may actually solve a few problems. or am i just an ignorant fool for being happy with the way things are?

Yes.
You're*
It would be nice to focus on the positive,

But positive really only makes up for 10% or less of the reality...

Example:

Positive = the USA is the richest country in the world

Negative = that wealth accumulated through slavery, ripping off it's own citizens and exploiting foreign countries

(the above is not a pot shot at the USA, just an example)

As you can see TS for every minor victory there are countless losses.

The world is lame, it is our job as the youth to make baby steps towards de-laming it.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by b4t3man
Grammar and its correct use could solve a lot of problems.

Shouldn't there be a comma after, "grammar?"

Edit:
Quote by Shredder XXX
It would be nice to focus on the positive,

But positive really only makes up for 10% or less of the reality...

Example:

Positive = the USA is the richest country in the world

Negative = that wealth accumulated through slavery, ripping off it's own citizens and exploiting foreign countries

(the above is not a pot shot at the USA, just an example)

Pretty sure that's not right... At all... I mean, maybe if this were still the 1800s...
Last edited by merfsullivan at Oct 23, 2008,
"Positive = the USA is the richest country in the world"

way over 10 trillion dollars in debt to foreign countries.........
so im guessing all of you who disagree have no food? you're whipped to harvest cotton? you don't have a roof over your head? and you're that strapped for cash that things like computers and the internet are things you'd only dream of? i think its rediculously pleasant that we live in a time that death is starting to almost seem alien. if people didn't "want" more than they needed then thats 90% of the worlds "problems" solved in an instant. negativity only breeds more negativity and gives people reasons to say screw the world its every man for himself im gonna just take what i can. so yes bad things will happen if we do nothing but i think the more people focus on the good, it will give more life to the possibility of more good.
Quote by crumbedfish
so im guessing all of you who disagree have no food? you're whipped to harvest cotton? you don't have a roof over your head? and you're that strapped for cash that things like computers and the internet are things you'd only dream of? i think its rediculously pleasant that we live in a time that death is starting to almost seem alien. if people didn't "want" more than they needed then thats 90% of the worlds "problems" solved in an instant. negativity only breeds more negativity and gives people reasons to say screw the world its every man for himself im gonna just take what i can. so yes bad things will happen if we do nothing but i think the more people focus on the good, it will give more life to the possibility of more good.

.............i just really really like hamburgers.
p.s. this way of thinking i have developed has come from the last 4 years at my work. i work in a factory. there's a lot of angry people there, and i've found that people get angry and bitter just because people are angry and bitter but spread a little humour around, throw people a smile and a look that says yeah i know, it sucks, but what are we gonna do about it, things just seem easier, people work better when they are happy. happy people also tend to need less outside stimulous to be happy, therefore will stop spending more than they can afford, they'll feel less of a need to vent stress and anger thru violence or drug abuse, meaning there's less perssure on the health system because people have enough money to eat right and have less drug related illnesses or injuries. how about it? little slice of happiness for anyone?
Quote by stilt37
.............i just really really like hamburgers.

yeah man hamburgers are probably the best invention ever. are french fries actually french? cause they seem really american to me.....
Quote by crumbedfish
yeah man hamburgers are probably the best invention ever. are french fries actually french? cause they seem really american to me.....

They are neither.. Seriously. I (THINK) they are Dutch?
i'll quote the late colonel sanders... he said. im too drunk... to taste this chicken.

wrinkly yet still tan... of course. thats as american as it gets
Quote by Jackolas
German.

The clue is in the name Hamburg(ers).
Quote by freedoms_stain
German.

The clue is in the name Hamburg(ers).

He's talking about french fries...
Quote by stilt37
i'll quote the late colonel sanders... he said. im too drunk... to taste this chicken.

wrinkly yet still tan... of course. thats as american as it gets

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA niiicce
Quote by Jackolas

They are thought to have originated in Belgium
Quote by crumbedfish

So you're suggesting that we live in a fantasy goody-good land where everything is alright and everything works out in the end and we have everything we need to survive plus added benifits, while there are people out there who have no home, no food, and the people in power fuck them up really bad? That's exactly like every man for himself. Stay fixated on the positives and negatives all the times will accomplish nothing. People need to see and acknowledge the presense of a shitload of negatives, but that there is a postive light if they are willing to work towards it.

SPIDEDIT : Oh and I plan on fasting, and pricks aren't helping
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Oct 23, 2008,
i saw a special on hamburgers on the discovery channel. said the pattie form of the beef originated in hamburg. but they ate it on untoasted loaf type bread......the sick ****s....thats the kind of foreign affairs america needs to step into. all hail the magic conche. whooo loo lool oooo llooooo!
Quote by spider666
So you're suggesting that we live in a fantasy goody-good land where everything is alright and everything works out in the end and we have everything we need to survive plus added benifits, while there are people out there who have no home, no food, and the people in power fuck them up really bad? That's exactly like every man for himself. Stay fixated on the positives and negatives all the times will accomplish nothing. People need to see and acknowledge the presense of a shitload of negatives, but that there is a postive light if they are willing to work towards it.

SPIDEDIT : Oh and I plan on fasting, and pricks aren't helping

yeah pretty much. but thats the thing, those people in power, they're just people. everyday people like you or me. what drives them to fuk people over i wonder? could it possibly be in there own pursuit of happiness? its this pride and this fear that controls the world. no one man can truely affect change. everyone hates bush, bush this and bush that and he's so dumb! exactly how the hell could someone so stupid truely have any control on his own, he's just a face and people did listen, and so problems did occur. e.g. the current u.s. financial situation, but hey in the end, tyranny was overcome in a far off land that few of us westerners will ever visit.
Quote by crumbedfish
yeah pretty much. but thats the thing, those people in power, they're just people. everyday people like you or me. what drives them to fuk people over i wonder? could it possibly be in there own pursuit of happiness? its this pride and this fear that controls the world. no one man can truely affect change. everyone hates bush, bush this and bush that and he's so dumb! exactly how the hell could someone so stupid truely have any control on his own, he's just a face and people did listen, and so problems did occur. e.g. the current u.s. financial situation, but hey in the end, tyranny was overcome in a far off land that few of us westerners will ever visit.
Bush or even his administration were not the single cause of this crisis.

This has been brewing for decades, but its reared its head now and everyone has to face the music.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Bush or even his administration were not the single cause of this crisis.

This has been brewing for decades, but its reared its head now and everyone has to face the music.

so?
yeah thats really not what im on about, its just an example i used man. im not blaming any one person or body of people for any problem. im blaming everyone. personally my biggest problem is that i can't find my scissors at the moment so its the end of my work week but im not stoned silly. like i know that there's problems with systems and governments and everything can be made better. i just wonder where this whole bettering and bettering is gonna lead us to as a race. there's only so much room on earth and what if we don't find another planet to move to? maybe it could help if we just slowed sht down, chilled sht out and made weed legal everywhere so i don't have to bother going to amsterdam next year.
Quote by crumbedfish

Wha...? How did Bush get into this? Well I don't cleary get what you're saying, but from what I do understand, I think you're implying that there was a postive side to the Bush administration even they fuckeded up royally. Corret me if I'm wrong on that.

Well I'm not saying just look the the promblems alone, ofcoure the world is a shitty place and if we tried to solve every problem all at once we'd all go insane. What I meant was people should strive to better the world, and every little victory should be like a shimmer of hope that good can win. That does not mean that we become arrogant and think we can tackle any problem on our own or that the world is saved and stuff. I agree, a positive outlook is extreamly neccessary, but so is a knowledge of all the shit that's happenening. When you combine the two do you get something truly world-changing.

SPIDEdit : Can I have some of what you're smoking?
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Last edited by spider666 at Oct 23, 2008,
I dunno.... I like the sound of impending doom.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮