the action on my les paul is just rediculous and basically this action is only ridiculous on the 3 bass string and between the 1st and 12th fret!

now do u think that if i make the nutt deeper on bass strings do you think i could get the action really low?

cheers in advanced!
Quote by roaddawg07
I'd try to lower the saddle on the bridge first.

i have done that but there is a point were theres so much buzz, and its still really hard to fret the notes
Take it to a pro and have it set up properly... It might simply need the frets dressing
Quote by johntb
Take it to a pro and have it set up properly... It might simply need the frets dressing

i have taken it to a pro all he did was adjust the truss rod but i think if i deepen the gap in the nutt then the strings will be more parralell to the fret board and therefore the guitar will have a lower action!
And this i think would make the instrument to play
do you think this is fesable?
Last edited by gooooog at Oct 23, 2008,
sorry to double post but would upgrading it to a graphite nutt but i would only do this if i messed up this nutt though
You'd need a set of nut files to do it correctly and to the right depth/width.

It's an easy fix if you want to give it a go, your problem if it messes it up though.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Lowering the action at the nut will make the buzzing worse. And you need the special files to do it theres a bit of an art to properly setting up the nut on a guitar. Not a job for beginners with the wrong files. If the truss rod has been adjusted and the action is still to high more than likely its gonna need the frets leveled. Take it to a good tech and get it looked at. But expect to pay a little bit to get it done right.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
You'd need a set of nut files to do it correctly and to the right depth/width.

It's an easy fix if you want to give it a go, your problem if it messes it up though.

well thats what i was thinking if i just gradually lower it then i will have no problems will i?
Last edited by gooooog at Oct 23, 2008,
i havnt tried it yet but i was wandering what to use? a very small file or a knife and carefully scrape it down?
People have said to use a nut-file.
You may have to buy one, they're not too expensive.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.