held down at the 24th fret, the gap between the downside of the string and pickups is about 1/16" (1.5mm) from the high E and 5/64" (2 mm) from the low E.
is it too close? i can't tell if my sound is being distorted by magnetic pull because i usually play with high gain level.
I'd lower it a bit. I like my evo high up but it sounds like you are in the danger zone there. I usually keep it about 1/8 an inch away from the string.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
The height itself isn't an issue, only the effect it has on the sound...if you can't hear any difference then it's not something you need to worry about, is it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ actually i've never heard a difference because i never tried lowering the pickups while playing just to hear the difference.
so what's the best way to tell if i'm getting distortion? play through the cleanest amp setting?
Quote by necrophilic
^ actually i've never heard a difference because i never tried lowering the pickups while playing just to hear the difference.
so what's the best way to tell if i'm getting distortion? play through the cleanest amp setting?

uhm, yeah...
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!