looking to purchase a new guitar, looking at a gibson flying v or a strat of similar price range, can anyone tell me about the pros/cons for both of these instruments???
No cons of a strat

because there the best in the world
=========

Nathnialm

====
Strat pros: compfy as all hell, great clean tone, decent distorted tone, light weight, easy to repair, TONS of aftermarket customizing ideas
Strat cons: everyone's got one, unless its a fat strat the really high gain stuff is out of the question

Flying V pros: Great looks, Great tone, fun to play standing, plays great, can do really any style imaginable
Flying V cons: Total bitch to play sitting unless you practice it alot (I do) not so easy to repair, (set neck), not alot of aftermarket parts, Kinda heavy.

I own V's and strats, so I've been there.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Nathanialm
No cons of a strat

because there the best in the world

i feel sorry for you

strats for cleans have that trebbly popping sound, also depends on your amp. but their high gain sound doesnt have as much balls as a flying V... it all comes down to what amp you have.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Well, what do you want to play? I mean, you are comparing a mahogany, set-neck, double humbucker guitar with an alder, bolt on, single coil guitar. It's like comparing an apple with an orange, the only thing they share is falling off trees.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.