Hello UG. I think it's time I got a processor. This is my first guitar effects pedal. All this while it was just my guitar and my amp. Used the drive on my SS amp for distortion. Needless to say, it sounds like crap... I'm more into grunge metal, heavy metal. The effects mentioned below are the bare minimum:

>Distortion
>Reverb
>Delay
>Wah

My budget is around 100$. I know it's less, but that's all I can afford. Anyway, if it helps, I have a Ibanez RG2EX1 and a locally made SS amp. And, no, I can't change my amp now. That's definitely not an option...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

Uh... Anyone?
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

That's bcoz I know nothing about effects and pedals... I don't wanna buy something stupid and kill myself later :p
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Why is saving for an amp not an option? Because your CBA to wait? Just save up and get a Vox modeller or a cube or something.
Well you can't get a good multi effects with a wah for under a hundred bucks. The closest your gonna get is the Digitech RP90, I've tired it and it sounded so-so. How bad do you need multi effects anyway? If you're shooting for a heavy sound why not spend the hundred bucks on a good heavy metal distortion pedal? Anyway check out the Digitech RP90 who knows you may like, and it's 100 bucks exactly. If I was going the multi effects route I would shoot for a Vox Tonelab or a Boss ME-50.
Good Luck

Edit: Yeah Bumping like 10 mins after you post something is not cool, read the forum rules please.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Oct 23, 2008,
I used to have a Korg1000g or whatever it's called and it did alright by me. You can get alot more options for the delays and such and the distortions weren't too bad. I'm thinking of getting one again myself just to throw into the effects loop for the delays and chorus actually. I found it much better than Digitech and Boss, but that was just me. There's a guy on youtube who uses one too for his Mesa Boogie (using just the delay in the video) and it sounded pretty sweet. I can get one used for about 80$ or 90$ so that's not too bad, plus I can use it direct into the comp for recording some quick demo's or whatever.

I know nothing will supplement the real thing, but there are a couple of multi's that will do the job in a pinch, so I guess maybe read up on them and try to gather as much info on each one before you buy. Don't rush into it because you want to, take the time and do research, and remember, as long as you are happy with it. No matter what you get or play, someone out there will hate it.
Yeah, I'm sorry... Usually, I post in the Electric Guitar forum and I get a reply in no time. So 10 minutes seemed like an hour... Anyway, I know my options are limited but I just need to know what models are available. I just joined a band and I think a few effects would improve the overall sound. My friend owns a ZOOM G2. And it's kinda good. But, yeah, the wah isn't all that great. But I'm mainly looking for Distortion, Delay, Reverb and Sustain.

I have my eyes on a ZOOM G2.U1 and ZOOM 707... Any useful insight would help...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by suffersystem
I used to have a Korg1000g or whatever it's called and it did alright by me. You can get alot more options for the delays and such and the distortions weren't too bad. I'm thinking of getting one again myself just to throw into the effects loop for the delays and chorus actually. I found it much better than Digitech and Boss, but that was just me. There's a guy on youtube who uses one too for his Mesa Boogie (using just the delay in the video) and it sounded pretty sweet. I can get one used for about 80$ or 90$ so that's not too bad, plus I can use it direct into the comp for recording some quick demo's or whatever.

I know nothing will supplement the real thing, but there are a couple of multi's that will do the job in a pinch, so I guess maybe read up on them and try to gather as much info on each one before you buy. Don't rush into it because you want to, take the time and do research, and remember, as long as you are happy with it. No matter what you get or play, someone out there will hate it.

I didn't look into many KORG models bcoz my friend opined that in a 100$ range, KORG doesn't have anything good... But, yeah, now that you mentioned it, I'll look into it
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

I was replying to Skajon's post and after I did, I saw suffersystem's post. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose! Geez!
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Yeah double posts are also not allowed. I'm just letting you know man because if a mod saw this he wouldn't be happy. Moving on sorry never heard of the Korg but just do some research on Musiciansfriend.com, look for clips on youtube of people using the pedal, and lastly go to a music shop and try it out yourself.

EDIT: In the case where you post something and you want to response to someone else but forgot to put in in the first post. You edit the post to include this little footnote type thing like I'm doing now see. Don't worry man we were all new to UG at some point just letting you know so that your thread doesn't get locked and deleted over something stupid like double posting.
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Last edited by SkaJon at Oct 23, 2008,
Yeah k... I'll keep that in mind. I always forget about the edit thingy... lolz
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

No problem friend. Good luck hunting for a multi effects!
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
everything u need to know is above me^^^^. the RP90 is all you can afford with 100 but its not worth getting. sav up for a vox multi efects pedal. if i wasnt buying seperate effects id get one. also i think those korgs may be worth checking out
Thanks a lot guys... Really appreciate it. I gotta go now, but if you've got any suggestions, then do post and I'll check it. And yes, I'll look at those KORGs....
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

Quote by Forgotmyid
Thanks a lot guys... Really appreciate it. I gotta go now, but if you've got any suggestions, then do post and I'll check it. And yes, I'll look at those KORGs....

The Korg1000g (it might even be Korgax1000g, not sure atm) isn't made anymore, but you can get used for pretty cheap. . Now they have the 1500g and 3000g, which I have no experience with, but imagine they'd be pretty good, although out of your price range.

Best of luck, just remember to not jump into it too quick, you don't want to regret your purchase two days later.
Zoom products are quite reliable and have everything you're looking for, and then some.

Check out the GFX-3, they run new about $120. They also come in a METAL enclosure, which is very hard to find in a pedal $200 or less. Sure beats the hell out of a digitech multieffects that's for sure.

I own a GFX-3 and it does wonders on my SS amp. I don't plug it into my main amp's effects loop because it will convert it to digital(obviously) and I want to keep an analogue signal chain. Look into it.
I'm sorry bro, but what's Guitar Rig 3? And yeah, I just found out that my budget's 150$ So yeah, I came across the GFX-3... And I've heard a lot about ZOOM as well. I read something about a noise reduction feature... How good is that?
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown

a multi effects pedal wont help SS tone much at all.

save up for a vox valvetronix
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
a multi effects pedal wont help SS tone much at all.

save up for a vox valvetronix
This is a nonsense statement. The multifx is the tone. Run it into a clean SS amp and you will hear the tone from the multifx. However a guitar amp does affect the tone from a multifx. Most multifx have output settings to compensate for the type of amp, and can be used effectively with a flat response amp like a PA.
+1 to fly135!
like Fly i always though floor multi effects floor processors were for pros to plug directly into a PA. i know most of the multi effects have amp and cabinet simulation on them.
MIM Fender Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R