So im buying a new amp, and i have a choice of two second hand right now:
-Peavey Bandit 112 (170&euro
-Stinger STP100GOR (250&euro

Im really leaning against the bandit, since they are suposed to be really durable and pretty good solid sate amps. And, its much cheaper. But the stinger has 20w of power on it (Peavey=80w, Stinger=100w), but i doubt that justifys the cost difference. Also, i cant seem to find any information on the stinger anywhere. I would use these amps for smaller gigs, and i have no idea if 80W its enough power for that. My friend has a 100w and he has never crancked it over 7 on gigs. So, in a nutshell, Stinger or Peavey?

And please, dont all say "save up more and buy a tube"
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Watts =/= worth, quality or something being "good"

The Bandit is a solid, durable workhorse of an amp, nothing spectacular but they do a job...I've never heard of the Stinger.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ClementWave
save up more and buy a tube
For 250 euros? What kind of tube do you mean? Or have we got so brainwashed by the majority of UG that we've started to call guitar amplifiers "tubes"?
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
For 250 euros? What kind of tube do you mean? Or have we got so brainwashed by the majority of UG that we've started to call guitar amplifiers "tubes"?

Fail.

everyone knows what he means buy getting tube.

any tube amp > peavey bandit
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
Fail.

everyone knows what he means buy getting tube.

any tube amp > peavey bandit

We may know what he means, but that just shows how ignorant and brainwashed people are when they start calling tube amps "tubes".
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
gawwwd it was obvious what he meant, you guys dont have to like jump on every mistake / omission someone makes, just let it go and stop the argument here . . .

And its not totally necessary to get a tube amp, depending on what he's playing. Seriously, a lot of guys on here have these expensive tube amps and don't / can't even play well enough to get the benefit.

TS, what are you playing on it?
im playing some hard rock, heavy metal, and the ocasional blues rock (Basicly from hendix-acdc-metallica-iron maiden)
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
okay i dont know those two amps, but the advice i can give you is

1. Don't factor the power output into the choice AT ALL. sound output / perceived volume works on a logarithmic scale so 80 watts and 100 watts will be virtually indistinguishable to the ear.

2. Both should be okay for gigs. Most of the time you should be miced anyway, so volume is a moot point. Again, go for tone not volume

3. Play both together, go for the one that sounds best. If both sound just as good to you, go for the one with the better build quality.