Hello All, I'm new to UG!
I have a Les Paul running to a BOSS ME50, and through other pedals and into a Marshall Amp. I love the tone but sometimes I like to just plug headphones into the ME50 and the tone is still sick even without the amp. My question is, is there a way I can connect my ME50 to my computer and record shit using the program I have on my computer? Or would I have to get a mixer, mics etc which I dont want to do because I don't really have "a studio" or soundproofing or anything. I just like the sound that comes right out of the ME50 so I was wondering if there was a cable I could just hook up to my computer for quick recording. Thanks in advance
-W
Get a 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor from Radio Shack and plug the out from your pedal to the aux in on your computer.
sweet. the back of my computer i checked my soundcard and the ports go black, green, pink, blue, yellow. the green and pink are for speakers/mic obviously so which one is the aux port? is it just a matter of plug and play?
Quote by W9ST4D
sweet. the back of my computer i checked my sound card and the ports go black, green, pink, blue, yellow. the green and pink are for speakers/mic obviously so which one is the aux port? is it just a matter of plug and play?

You might have a surround sound card.
Get your motherboard/computer manual off of the internet and see what's what.

... or you can get this.....

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SOU-USBG10?SRC=D0407FG0HAMS0000&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

They sell these @ Target.
i live in canada so id have to order that thing online which i prolly wont be allowed to do. not to mention that review written about it said it was a bad choice. i still think the idear with the 1/4 to 1/8 plug is a solid option. one of the ports on the back of the card should work, because my card is a soundblaster and it looks like ones similar to mine support it. any idea what the quality would be like?