THey come on the stock Schecter C-1 Pluses, and my friend told me they weren't worth their weight. He told me it'd be better to just replace them, but that would end up costing me a shit ton more than i wanna spend. Are they indeed alot cheaper than the other stock pickups on say the hellraiser or the classic, or are they descent pickups that don't need replacing?
Make Weed Legal

Quote by spitfir3blue
THey come on the stock Schecter C-1 Pluses, and my friend told me they weren't worth their weight. He told me it'd be better to just replace them, but that would end up costing me a shit ton more than i wanna spend. Are they indeed alot cheaper than the other stock pickups on say the hellraiser or the classic, or are they descent pickups that don't need replacing?

First, what style of music you play?

Second, SD make some really amazing pickups and some really shitty ones in my eyes. Which ones are in your guitar?

Thirdly, remember tone is subjective. So it's what YOU like, not your friend. My buddy absolutely hates the sound of my EMG 81's, but I love it.

Hope this is of some help...
are the seymour or are the duncan designed, real seymour duncans are really nice and you friends an idiot, if they are duncan designed he does a have a general idea what he's talking about.
Im pretty sure the C-1's come with duncan designed pickups, which aren't to great.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

I can hardly call those 'designed' pickups genuine Seymour Duncans. You might better off getting a Schecter Classics or something similar, they have JB/'59 Duncans installed.
But if you must have the short scale length of the C+ then go ahead and get one then a pickup upgrade should be on the way.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Are they Seymour Duncan or Duncan Designed?

SD pups are almost always excellent pickups, DD on the other hand... are ok, but not awesome

edit: ok they are Duncan Designed HB-102's. Honestly, your friend is an ass. You should try out the guitar first, then make your decesion. The pickups really make up maybe 10% of your sound, its all the amp.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by bjovi400
Are they Seymour Duncan or Duncan Designed?

SD pups are almost always excellent pickups, DD on the other hand... are ok, but not awesome

edit: ok they are Duncan Designed HB-102's. Honestly, your friend is an ass. You should try out the guitar first, then make your decesion. The pickups really make up maybe 10% of your sound, its all the amp.
In fairness he always tells me not to take all his advice heavily but instead go to a number of music stores and try em out myself to see what fits me best. He has a hellraiser, and yeah sorry about the Mix up but yeah they are Duncan Designed. I got mixed up, my friend was telling me Seymour Duncan's are really good. I just didn't remember correctly.

but look how sexy it is^^
then again, i shouldn't judge so much on looks in the first place
Make Weed Legal