I need to learn how to do a pinch harmonic for a few covers songs I'm doing.
I have no idea what to do.
u need to lightly cover the string with your thumb when you pick the note at the right position on the string, if u could ask somebody who can do it to demostrate for you it would help alot

EDIT: thumb of your picking hand
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
1st off at least 50 percent of the threads on this website are concerning this, please use search bar.
your better off getting someone to teach you in person to be honest, its as he says ^ you hit the string with the tip of your thumb thus tapping a harmonic immediatly while playing a note.
use the pick and thumb at almost the same time when picking. you have to find a "sweet spot" on your guitar to do so, it will help you at your first steps.

tips: -treble up
- use the bridge pickup
-use a small and sharp pick like a jazz III or one of those tiny fender heavy.
- it easier to do them on the 9th fret on the "d" string and on the 3rd fret on the low"E" string.

hope that helps you (last year i took about 1 month to get those right :p)
Quote by J.J.G.
use the pick and thumb at almost the same time when picking. you have to find a "sweet spot" on your guitar to do so, it will help you at your first steps.

tips: -treble up
- use the bridge pickup
-use a small and sharp pick like a jazz III or one of those tiny fender heavy.
- it easier to do them on the 9th fret on the "d" string and on the 3rd fret on the low"E" string.

hope that helps you (last year i took about 1 month to get those right :p)

Your's makes the most sense Thank you
They're pretty much explained it to ya..quick question to anybody who is willing to answer : Are artificial harmonics and pinch harmonics the same thing?
Quote by Rave765
They're pretty much explained it to ya..quick question to anybody who is willing to answer : Are artificial harmonics and pinch harmonics the same thing?

The term "artificial harmonic" covers a range of different harmonics but they're all created from a fretted note rather than an open string. So pinch harmonics are artificial harmonics but not all artificial harmonics are pinches. Artificial harmonics also covers things like tapped harmonics and other such things.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The term "artificial harmonic" covers a range of different harmonics but they're all created from a fretted note rather than an open string. So pinch harmonics are artificial harmonics but not all artificial harmonics are pinches. Artificial harmonics also covers things like tapped harmonics and other such things.

[
yeah is goes something like this:

Harmonics:
-natural
- artificial: -pinch and tapped
Last edited by J.J.G. at Oct 23, 2008,
I struggled with trying to learn to do these until I found this video, now I can do it a heck of a lot better. I'm still perfecting it, but before watching this I didn't have a clue what to even do:

http://www.justinguitar.com/en/TE-012-PinchHarmonics.php
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
i guess the thing 2 do thAt would really help is to get heavy gauge picks if u get heavy gauge 1s there easier to do