I'm looking to buy an amp to use in my house. I play classic rock, blues, country and very rarely metal. What do you guys think of the Fender Super Champ? I was thinking about this one because it's a tube amp and has some effects and amp models built in. My budget for the amp is $300-$500. If there are other suggestions for a small tube amp with no effects or modeling I'm not opposed to buying pedals. Thanks!
Last edited by toppsseller at Oct 23, 2008,
Its not a bad amp great for practising and small gigs, dunno how it will hold out in the long run though. Mines going good after 3 months
I've heard nothing but good things about this amp. Where I live though I absolutely have to have a headphone feature. Otherwise I'd be playing it right now instead of surfin' the net.
you should prolly goto the store and try it out next to a vox valvetronix. both are semi tube modelers that are good for clean and midgain stuff.
If it's just to play at home, Valve Junior and some pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
+ 1 look into a Epi VJ with a couple pedals you will love it. some cheap and easy mods and you can have a little tone monster. give it a try see if you can use a couple pedals. get a reverb and a eq pedal and some dirt if you want. and just sit and listen to how good it sounds. then think about ordering new tubes. under $20 and only sweeten the sound and if you want a ton a ways to mod it.
I played the SuperChamp and liked it a lot. Prolly won't do metal real well, but doesn't sound like that is big deal. Go play this, a Blues Jr, the Epi, Valvetronix and maybe a Vypyr too - I hear it has some clean/blues/classic rock settings.

A Crate V would work too, but you'd be hard pressed to find one to play first at their current prices. Check a Blackheart too if you want go strictly valve amp + pedals.