My friend is selling me some gibson pickups from his Les Paul for around 80-90$ dollars each pickup and i just wanted to know if its worth buying the pickups from him and if they would suit my style of playing (rock and metal). And I know I should upgrade my amp first and I'll try to get a nice 10-20w tube amp shortly after I get the pickups or before.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
G-400 alpine white (signed by Coheed & Cambria)
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Different LPs have different pickups

Generally most are PAF style though, which are great for blues to hard rock, metal i wouldnt be as sure about tho, depends on the type of metal.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
Different LPs have different pickups

Generally most are PAF style though, which are great for blues to hard rock, metal i wouldnt be as sure about tho, depends on the type of metal.

I think he has the Studio Les Paul, and types of metal would be pretty much from trash metal to death metal. And also hard rock and blues.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
You can get new Seymour Duncans for that amount. A Gibson 490 set I would say is not quite worth that amount. If they're Burstbuckers it would be worth it. You have to listen to samples and decide what you like best.
Quote by adambauman31
You can get new Seymour Duncans for that amount. A Gibson 490 set I would say is not quite worth that amount. If they're Burstbuckers it would be worth it. You have to listen to samples and decide what you like best.

What Seymour Duncans would be good for my style?
Trying to stay away from actives since I haven't heard many good things about the cleans from them.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects
The studios have ceramics instead of PAF, which get a lot more signal so will handle metal. If its your friend though he should let you try em in.

I dunno, id maybe try and push the price down a bit, over here in the uk you would get them new for about $90 each.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
The studios have ceramics instead of PAF, which get a lot more signal so will handle metal. If its your friend though he should let you try em in.

I dunno, id maybe try and push the price down a bit, over here in the uk you would get them new for about $90 each.

Yea, I'll try to see if he can lower the price down a bit. But apparently over here they go for like 120$ new each.
Gear:

Guitars:
Strat rip off
ESP MF-207
RG350DX

Amp:
Crate V50 112

Effects